View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 01:45 PM  
Speigelau
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
Thanks for your reply and for trying to present an argument instead of putting people down.

It seems like you're saying that cams are not like other adult programs, in that in order to make consistent money you need to be a higher level affiliate.

With paysites and dating a person can make $500/month consistently with a modest amount of traffic over a period of years. But you're saying that with cams there a far fewer spenders (meaningful ones anyway), and so an affiliate has to have LOTS of traffic, consistently over a long period of time in order to catch a consistent amount of whales.

I get it and I do see that pattern in cams in general.

I'm not sure it fully explains why so many affiliates experienced such a downturn around the same time (there was an affiliate above who used to make $5-6000/month and now only makes $2k, all things being equal) but it definitely makes sense and would be a factor for any small to medium sized affiliate.

I may have confused you somewhat with my post. I never mentioned traffic in my post at all. Cams have way more upside than dating and generally I'd say a much higher return on investment. Dating revshare is limited to a fixed amount per month from each spender, whereas cam earnings are unlimited and the average return from a cam spender is generally much higher than a month to month dating member. The only reason I'd ever consider sending traffic to dating over cams is if I had a very niche traffic source of visitors specifically looking to meet someone offline.

I was trying to express that you need to build up your core group of regular cam spenders and then be able to replenish lost ones consistently in order to maintain solid month over month income. To some, that may mean you have to generate a ton of traffic, whereas with others with high quality niche specific traffic, it may not require that much.

I didn't read above about the affiliate's income that went down, did the 5-6k a month happen in 20-21? You say so many affiliates had downturns around the same time, what time frame was this? As I said earlier, you don't hear about the affiliates with steady or increasing earnings, only the ones why are upset that theirs went down.

There's no way to figure out why his earnings went down without digging into his stats history using Bill's stats enhancer. He could have had a few whales that made up a large % of his income and once they left, there was a drastic drop. I currently have a spender that has spent $119k in 3 years. His spending has tapered way off in the last 6 months and that certainly impacted my earnings.

I'd much rather be making 5k a month off a monthly average of 100 "30 day active spenders" vs 6k a month off a monthly average of 40 "30 day active spenders". In the long run I'll make way more off the core group of 100 spenders even though their average spend is much lower.
Speigelau is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote