View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 12:18 PM  
dcortez
DINO CORTEZ™

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQuinn View Post
I'd never heard of that person before so wikipediaed (sic)

"Thích Nhất Hạnh was a Vietnamese Thiền Buddhist monk, peace activist, prolific author, poet and teacher, who founded the Plum Village Tradition, historically recognized as the main inspiration for engaged Buddhism."

that would be a crazy fascinating conversation
While Thich Nhat Hanh (passed away last year, with no claims or illusions about reincarnation) shared a similarly large following as the Dalai Lama, his approach was extremely modest, and less "celebrity" high spirited in tone.

Unlike many Buddhist monks, he was an activist, standing up against the atrocities exacted upon his people by all sides in the Vietnam wars. He maintained a non-violent peaceful approach, but he also used direct language to point out injustices.

He's written many easy to read, extremely simple to understand, immediately implementable, books.

I've read several of his books including:
  • The Art of Living
  • The Art of Communicating
  • The Art of Power
  • Peace is Every Breath

I would highly recommend "The Art of Living" to everyone.

As I've had the privilege to experience being in the presence of people who have devoted their lives to peace, internal and external, through daily meditation and prayers, just to be around them, even in silence, is a remarkable transformative experience.

Doing mutually consensual adult erotic work does no preclude one from doing it from a non-exploitive respectful human place.

dcortez is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote