View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 02:50 PM  
Huggles
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
Yep, seems so.

Not sure how much you've used it, but I've probably spent 100-200 hours using ChatGPT now.

I'd say that ChatGPT has good days and bad days. Sometimes it re-introduces old bugs back into code, or lies to you, or completely loses its mind and has no idea what the fuck it is doing.

I gave it code once to make a single change, it then spit out some kid's Mechanical Engineering homework formulas. I've seen ChatGPT get completely confused and give me answers that I never asked for and it thought it was talking to someone else.

There is a real skill to working with ChatGPT, because it can't figure out things on its own. It is like a child with a massive brain but no life experience. You ask it to code for you and it will, but the code will be shitty unless you explain to it exactly what you need, how it needs to work, why it should work that way, and then get it to build you the code in a modular fashion, because once you get over 200+ lines of code, ChatGPT breaks down and will create bugs, omit shit, etc etc.