View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 02:52 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Are you guys getting these DMCAs directly from Chaturbate or is it a third party firm?
One time someone at cb filed a dmca with my cloud hosting. That was really bad on so many levels: not contacting me in the first place, filing a dmca against promo tools they provide to me in the first place, attacking at host level, not replying to me (the hosting company had forwarded me the complaint and the email of the agent was appearing).

I finally got it sorted about 10 days after that when someone at cb said my request had been escalated and it appeared it was an error. They said they contacted the host company but I never got any evidence of that.

That scenario happened to me one time also with another sponsor. Their dmca contacting me for a tool that they license to me.

Most of the time though, cb send an email asking to take down a page. I don't like this either because we are licensed to use promotools (cb IS the copyright owner) and models have a setting to stop showing up in APIs. However it is a more gentle approach and there is an initial contact.
One time cb asked me to remove a page for a model that was in fact from another sponsor. She happened to have the same username there too.

One time I got a dmca request sent to me via the "contact" form of my website... That was from a dmca take down agency. They were very aggressive and started to file dmca for anything on my site. I got in touch with them by chat (they have online support) and by email telling them to stop that nonsense, that filing false claims is a legal offense and reminding them that they need explicit authorization from me to crawl my site. Never heard from them after.

Apart from the above: I normally receive an email. My last one though was not sent by email, it showed up in the Google console (see my previous post above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by laouch View Post
It seem that this week these DMCA bots got much more annoying, now they send a mail to Cloudflare who forward it to my hosting provider.

And for the iframe I get them too, they ask me to remove pages with no hosted files, only the Chaturbate iframe, like how the fuck I am suppose to promote your shit ? Any keyword I am ranking on get removed by DMCA, I really get more than an hundred of DMCA notices per week without stealing any content and some of those target the homepage or categories pages, how the fuck I am suppose to get traffic ?

That + the fact that I lost my biggest whales and got the same automated message as everyone for an answer, I am done with CB, they know for years what happening and they dont do anything, they are just scamming us now.
I hear you. It is most annoying. Keep filing counter notices because for one you have to, and for two you never know when Google will decide to add that parameter in the algorithm for SERP.

I have a suspicion that some of them are fake and solely used to tank competition.

Even the description doesn't make sense, it only shows [REDACTED] : how are you supposed to comment on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCastaway View Post
Never got something like that. Are you doing nasty things?

I always think by myself, you can cry and do what you want, but if i use legit banners etc

YOU are exposing/playing on the internet, not me...
I never do anything nasty. The legal dpt of the sponsor is going to take care of that one (I admit, it is not cb).

Quote:
Originally Posted by laouch View Post
email, contact form, search console, cloudflare..

Yes, just about everything.

There is the European version of the DMCA which doesn't even let you counter...