View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:49 PM  
trevesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
I've been reading a lot of SEO forums lately so what I said didn't solely apply to Trev. What I think Trev was doing was ignoring data. There are big brands that no longer show up for their names being searched. Brands with millions of backlinks. Some of my sites have links built up over decades, and they were a brand before. Suddenly they are not?

Some site names are so unique they can't be mistaken for anything else, and for years "G" had them listed first in the results. Suddenly they are not ? Google thought it was a brand yesterday but now it doesn't?

I'm simply saying that it feels like he's (and others here) are too strongly defending big "G" and the thread becomes more of a dominance thing rather than a discussion where there is possibility for both parties to be right about something and also wrong about some things.

Maybe people's site's need work ... AND ... maybe Google is messing up.
That's not really the issue I saw with Swing My Wife.

But what you described happens A LOT during a core update in my experience. It's happened to me before but it always fixed itself. I didn't have that on any of my sites in the last 5-6 updates, though.
trevesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote