View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 02:40 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
What I dislike about modern video games...

'Crafting'

There, I've said it! I fucking hate the idea that to progress you need to collect things, then find a 'Bench' and turn them into something else...

I'll often install a AAA game, head off into some wonderful world, do a few things, start getting into it, then come across a 'Workbench' & realise its one of 'Those' sorts of games...

Thankfully, plenty of games don't rely on 'crafting' at all - One of the most successful games ever, GTA5 doesn't require crafting... Likewise 'A Plague Tale' relied on minimal crafting, and I could deal with that, but the 'Rick & Morty' style game 'High on Life' didn't use it at all, ^ I fucking LOVED that!

Such a shame that after all the fallout hype, I installed Fallout 76, jogged into the wasteland, and came across a bench almost immediately, with text encouraging me to 'Craft'...

Uninstalled it straight away...

Even in VR, 'The Walking Dead - Saints n Sinners' - Great graphics, atmosphere, jump scares, etc... Oh look! 'Crafting'... Nahh... NEXT!

Name me some other games WITHOUT 'Crafting' or convince me I've got it wrong, and how 'Crafting' is the best thing since sliced bread...
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote