View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:01 AM  
TheAmericanCannibal
Confirmed User

Industry Legend, Joe E passed away last week

Long, sad post alert

When I first met Joe I was working for a company called YNOT in 1999

I worked for a kid who was barely 19 and making an incredible amount of money monthly.
I handled marketing and sales and part of my job was collecting past due $

One day, I had to call on a company in florida named CEN, and a gentleman by the name of Joe Elkind aka Joe E.
Joe had a company that along with his partner, JB were making 7 figures a month( no bullshit) They owed us a considerable amount of money and I called him being a complete no nonsense prick. By the end of that conversation, Joe asked me what my plans were for that evening.
It was a Friday night and I lived in Pacific Beach (San Diego) but Rick the owner of YNOT got me a company apartment up in Diamond Bar, CA -during the week I would stay there then drive back almost an hour and a half on Friday nights. I said to Joe, “I have no plans, just going back home” he said “no you’re coming to Florida tonight to meet with me. “You’re going to run my newest project, Klixxx Magazine, bring whoever you want- u have a gf??” I didn’t at that time- so I grabbed a fellow coworker @kimzavala and told him to come with me. Kim and I didn’t even know each other well, but I told him I needed him to come and make sure I didnt talk too much…lol
We boarded a flight, first class to Miami and got picked up by Joe in a modded Mercedes SUV -
Because of course the Ferrari wouldn’t fit us.
We came back to his house on the intercoastal where there was a full on rager of a party happening.
Hot girls, booze, drugs, u name it we saw it, we did it. That was the beginning of a friendship that lasted til this week. I never did go to work for Joe. He was too volatile back then. His moods could change in an instant- he really loved to party. But what stayed consistent was his unwavering loyalty, his generosity, and his gigantic heart. ❤️
The nights we spent in Vegas together were some of the most incredible trade show memories I can still remember. I recall one night sitting at a closed blackjack table in the Venetian, bullshiting and flirting with girls who were models for the show when the host came over and said “Joe Money, we can open this table for you right now if you’d like” he then proceeded to bring over a dealer. Minimum hand? $1000.
Joe gave me $10K in chips to sit there with him and two girls at 3am. I quickly got up about $5K tried to put a few chips in my pocket when he looked at me and said “ hey thats MY money stupid!” “ Stupid “was a term of endearment for Joe- when he called u that, it just meant he loved you. And of course I’d give him the chips back, only to have him spend it on the most elaborate and over the top evening ever. No I can’t even post 90% of the memories I shared with this man because it’s not safe for FB, I’d have my account suspended in two mins. He lived hard, he loved hard. He was a family man, loved his mom who passed several years ago so much l, and I know he really adored being a dad. He took care of so many people and suffered a lot of hard losses. From his bodyguard “Big Scotty” who perished in the plane crash that took the singer, Aaliyah while we were all in South Florida for a show ( I can remember this like it was yesterday) to being locked out of his company and screwed out of all of his businesses-to all of his employees, and friends he took care of so many people while he got the shaft
Who could ever forget the full Norwegian cruise ship he rented out for an evening back in 99-2000?
He did it to entertain the masses, and to get more affiliates to his web sites.
Imagine the movie, “Caligula” on a moving ship in International waters lol
The gambling, the excess, the exhibition of every sexual niche you could imagine- he pulled off a party that was unrivaled. Even Hugh Hefner couldn’t throw a shindig like that! Man, so many incredible memories come to mind that it’s going to really take some time to let this all settle in.
I know many of you may be getting sick of reading my eulogizing posts these days. Believe me, I’m sick of making them.

I have been so blessed to know so many wonderful characters in this lifetime. I have experienced so much loss in the past 5 yrs, it’s mind boggling. Joe was another great soul I was blessed to get to know, and honored to call my friend.
I know I have spoken to a bunch of people the past two days and we all shared our wonderful stories of Joseph B Elkind aka “Joe E” aka “Joe Money”
If Joe’s kindness and love touched you the way it did me- please feel free to share your memories in this thread. There will never be another Joe, and thank God because he was one of a kind- an icon like no other. Rest in peace player- please show Farley how to play blackjack the way you used to play, and let him keep his damn chips.
❤️
TheAmericanCannibal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote