View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 05:40 PM  
TheLegacy
SEO Connoisseur

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles View Post
Everyone I know that is older than me said the 1970's was fucking amazing, and things got even better in the 1980's but there was a brief period in the 80's with some economy slowdowns, but overall it was a really good time. If you worked and even bagged groceries, you could afford a house. Those people that bagged groceries in the 1980's are now multi-millionaires from their housing values.

Now, if you just bag groceries, you are making minimum wage and sharing a bedroom in a basement suite with 0 chance of ever saving up for a down payment without eating at dollar stores and investing every dollar you have in the stock market and anything else that can appreciate in value.

I may get in trouble for saying this but things changed during the 80's when homes along with cost of living went up and no longer was there a single source of income - now the wife had to work. Having a 2 income family not only broke apart families but now kids after school were not monitored by a parent so they could do anything they wanted such as taking their gf or bf home and having sex. Birth rates went up - kids had nothing to do with their time so they got into trouble because parents weren't around.

Women's rights were now pushing for more equality and ability to look after themselves without someone else. In short - the family unit was being torn apart during that time.

RobertWarrenSEO.com
TheLegacy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote