View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:41 PM  
Huggles
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
I may get in trouble for saying this but things changed during the 80's when homes along with cost of living went up and no longer was there a single source of income - now the wife had to work. Having a 2 income family not only broke apart families but now kids after school were not monitored by a parent so they could do anything they wanted such as taking their gf or bf home and having sex. Birth rates went up - kids had nothing to do with their time so they got into trouble because parents weren't around.

Women's rights were now pushing for more equality and ability to look after themselves without someone else. In short - the family unit was being torn apart during that time.
When I was growing up in the 80's my mother worked part-time and practically none of the women in my neighbourhood worked. We used to be able to walk into any of our neighbour's homes and get fed as well. The entire block I lived on had an open-door policy for all the kids, basically. Everyone was friendly. It was really blue-collar and everyone worked regular jobs like the phone company, janitor, garbage man, in fact, my neighbour, Gordon the garbage man, had the most toys! He bought a brand new Corvette and would rip up the street for all the kids.

Current assessment: 2.8 mil.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...14350929_zpid/