Old 07-26-2024, 08:03 AM  
VizerCato
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
I don't understand. How does that work?
I will do my best to be succint.

When working as an affiliate every single detail matters. If you pay attention and take great care of the details when you advertise a sponsor you can do 10 times more. You can drive 10 times more traffic, get 10 times more signups, and if you run a white label you can make them spend 10 times more.

What matters? Everything matters. You have to put yourself in the mind of someone who has never seen Chaturbate before and who comes across your pop-under or embedded cam or whatever. What is the first impression? Where do they click? The available buttons, the positions of said buttons, the general feel, everything plays a part, the most important being WHO is featured on these promo tools you are using because different webmodels have wildly different effects on the person seeing them.

Some webmodels are terrible all around when they are featured in the promo tools they don't drive traffic or signups and they certainly don't get users to spend because they LOOK AND FEEL like a recording. The person who comes across these ads thinks they are seeing a pre-recorded video, and ignores the ad like it was literal spam, they don't think there is an actual person there performing. These are simply terrible webmodels to use for all intents and purposes. Whatever traffic you put this in front of is wasted.

There are some webmodels who are great for driving traffic. When you feature them everyone clicks. Some don't drive that much traffic but they make people sign up at 10x the rate of others. I have my observations on what type of model will be better suited for each intention, but that would be too long for this post, maybe if there is interest I can write more on this.

The problem is the webmodels featured in Chaturbate's promo tools are given to you by Chaturbate. You cannot select which model you want to appear on the embedded frame or the pop-under on your site, you can only pick the gender. So you are stuck with whatever models Chaturbate selects for the embedded frame, etc.

The way it is currently set up is Chaturbate will rotate the "top 10 cams" through these tools pretty much at random and the "top models" are selected going by registered users watching, that's their criterion. And there are two complications here, first the fact that studios cheat a lot and inject fake registered users into their webmodel's room to get them better placements. And the second is the fact that Chaturbate itself seems to have something going on that selects against a number of things including different body sizes and levels of nudity/explicit actions going on.

What is the result? The result is the promo tools are dominated by webmodels who come from studios, who have almost exclusively a fit or slender body type, who are completely naked and peforming sexual acts. THEY LOOK AND FEEL LIKE RECORDINGS and this is the single worst type of model you can feature in an ad.

This didn't use to be this way a few years ago, you found all kinds of body types and levels of undress in the promo tools, mostly independent webmodels camming from home with imperfect backgrounds, amateur feel... which is a HUGE advantage for driving both traffic and signups. I would say this changed somewhere around 2019, definitely before the pandemic.

What is the result? As a result sign-ups and traffic has been going down, tipping in the rooms has also been going down because when you don't have many new sign-ups all you are left with are old spenders who tend to spend in a more measured way, and because people on camsites have a lot of herd mentality they only tip if others are tipping, like a snowball effect. If nobody is tipping in a room, nobody is likely to tip. If there are people tipping others join. When you sign up 10000 models and only 100 users you split those tippers among thousands of rooms and the density of the tipping decreases which makes it slower all across the board.

I hope this made sense.
VizerCato is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote