View Single Post
Old 08-18-2024, 06:10 PM  
sarettah
I'll make you famous

Industry Role:
The reason I bumped this thread (accidentally, of course) was because I had forgotten who srproductions was until he posted up his site again (https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-b...e-finally.html).

When he did that, I remembered that he had been on here before with the same site and that he had been a bit of an asshole (in this thread right here and another I bumped). He asked for help but every bit of help that was offered (and there was some good advice offered) was poo pooed by him. There seemed to be very little appreciation of the time and effort that people took to try to help him.

Now in between there, earlier this year, srproductions bought what was supposed to be a chaturbate account from a scammer here on the board. (https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-b...e-account.html)

In that thread, dude stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRProductions View Post
When nobody helps me and I see a deal like this, I jump. For a few hundred bucks give or take I am willing to do what it takes. I just wanted something to take over.
To which I responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
Were we supposed to help you? I did not see you ask for any opinions.
To which he responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRProductions View Post
Well, I emailed you or maybe posted a handful of times, Russ!
I never heard a thing. And I wanted to not blow a big hole getting my white labels to take off
This exchange actually made me feel pretty bad as I try to be available to offer up whatever advice I can to people that ask. I took some action (not much) to kind of rectify my error until I saw it was pretty much a lost cause.

Then I see him post his site. The same site that 4 years ago he was asking for help on and completely ignoring any and all advice he received, and I remembered.

That really pissed me off to no end. Dude comes in 4 years ago asking for help and makes an ass of himself. Comes back, and starts asking for help again and then says that nobody helps him??????

That's a whole lot of bullshit right there.

So, I bumped the thread.

I no longer feel bad that I did not help him either. I have been a developer for a hell of a long time and I can recognize a death march when I see one. I do not recall any communications from him but I might have just deleted them when I saw who they were from. My memory is not as great as it has been these days.

Please excuse my verbosity, I am pretty stoned at the moment.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled broadcast.
sarettah is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote