View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 09:46 AM  
cerulean
Web & App Development

Industry Role:
I may be misunderstanding what you're asking, but I don't think stealing content is going to make you well liked in the industry. I also don't think it's gonna make you a bunch of money.

Most affiliate programs give you content for free anyway. You might as well just work within those partnerships to get high quality content straight from the source. For one client, I setup JSON, CSV, and XML feeds to provide affiliates high quality content that was easily consumable by their machines. I'm sure many sites have something similar, you just have to ask.

I know of quite a few clients who use automated DMCA companies who partner with Google directly to find and then DMCA content. Enough complaints and Google will start delisting sites. I've even had luck getting sites delisted myself for clients without being tight with Google's team. I wouldn't want to gamble with that when there are better alternatives. The SEO hit is never worth that.