View Single Post
Old 09-08-2024, 03:23 PM  
cerulean
Web & App Development

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim101 View Post
Anyone tried using this?

"DigiRegs provides a paid access to their video copyright API that allows detecting video copyright holder for every uploaded video. Use this plugin to automate handling of copyrighted videos uploaded to your site and reduce the number of DMCA claims for your content."
I've written software that interfaces with the DigiRegs API for a client to reduce piracy.

I am not familiar with what they specifically did to reduce pirated content on the web, but in my experience, they were effective. I believe they have good partnerships with content sites.

That being said, I can't speak to how effective they were alone. The work I did on that particular project also worked with a variety of other companies who work in DMCA/piracy management.

I can't talk too much about that project, but I can say it changed my opinion on piracy management and how effective piracy management can be with the right investment.