View Single Post
Old 09-11-2024, 08:40 PM  
cerulean
Web & App Development

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim101 View Post
Interesting background. How is the content marked typically?
With companies like DigiRegs, my best guess is that they partner with the site that allows users to share, and if they have digitally marked your content in their system, they can prevent uploads from occurring and issue DMCAs automatically. They may also offer other services, like crawling sites for your content, but I am not too familiar with that. Best to reach out to them directly.

I have worked with another company though specifically for fingerprinting videos. Their system is super sophisticated. I don't know how it works technically, but basically, during the download phase, it interlaces an invisible fingerprint tied to the account who downloaded the video. Then, regardless of whether it is cropped, transformed, or re-encoded, it can be deconstructed by their system to identify the fingerprint. In like, 9/10 of my tests, it detected the fingerprint. It was incredibly powerful at determining which account was compromised. DM me or send me an email on my site and I'll introduce you to them.

I have also implemented something similar that is proprietary for a client that does it with images, but it depends on a very powerful delivery network to fingerprint in real time. It's basically interlacing a watermark that is near invisible to the naked eye, but it has to re-encode the image and that is very costly.

We're in a different phase of anti-piracy for sure. This is about the most I can talk about without venturing into NDA territory.