View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBiz View Post
There's no one way, and never has been. He or any of us should listen to what people have to say, maybe try out stuff that sounds interesting and draw own conclusions from bottom line.

That's all that matters at the end of the day for any business.
yeah, in our PMs that was what I was trying to convey, over 17 message in response to his dozens of PMs, way after that post with which he now takes umbrage

I def learned from peeps along the way but I always made my own choices based on hands on learning of the biz and the info peeps shared with me. that involved a lot of reading and strategizing in my head and on paper, on my own time

I didn't just jump in and expect to become successful overnight. it took a lot of hard work. even being able to assess what might work and what won't requires knowledge to differentiate between something worth trying vs a hell no

I tried to convey to SR that his success or failure is in his own hands based on the choices he makes, in light of his strengths and aims and actually researching the biz he wishes to excel in. I was not successful at that so maybe he'll listen to you

I don't think my comments on his early two disastrous attempts were 'snooty', they were honest and I was playing cuz I honestly didn't think he was serious

then I got the sense he was vulnerable and trying, so I stepped in to offer guidance that he was eager to accept

after his comment in that thread? it's up to him now

and yeah, who wants to visit a site and see filters as soon as they hit the page? granted not a dude but that would totally get me in the mood to want to rub one out
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote