View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publisher Bucks View Post
Actually made me LOL
It could actually affect it - if one ball is made of slightly more pourous material, it could potentially absord slightly more water thus making it slightly heavier and by extention affecting it's bounciness and thus making it more (or less) likely to be selected. However you don't know the temperature or humidity in the room where the drawing happens - only the outside conditions in the city it's in.

However - even with that said, we still come back to the main data point - the frequency with which specific numbers drop, and this data is freely available https://www.usamega.com/powerball/statistics

Data across various lotteries would be useless because the balls would be different. There's no correllation in the results between two different machines running two different sets of balls in two different places. If I were to put 69 numbered balls into a bag in front of me right now, it would have no impact or correlation with what numbers are drawn in powerball.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote