Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
SixNein
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
The future of the adult business?

I used the work in the adult business many years ago; however, I left it in order to pursue my passion in software engineering. It's interesting to peak my head in the door as so many from my era is out of the business today.

How would you rate the 5 most profitable concepts today?
What do you think will be the 5 most profitable concepts in the future?
SixNein is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
incredibleworkethic
Confirmed User
 
incredibleworkethic's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,502
Live webcams has done well for me. Stopped selling pay sites a year ago started from scratch and quite happy about it.
__________________

Panty Bay Cams - New Live Cam Site Concept!



"The Shift To Live Cams"

Chaturbate Cams Best Model Interaction
LiveJasmin Cams Best Revshare %


Live Cam Girls | Webcam Porn Reviews | LiveJasmin Review
Skype (preferred): JITContent
ICQ: 6260(six)8357

incredibleworkethic is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
SixNein
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredibleworkethic View Post
Live webcams has done well for me. Stopped selling pay sites a year ago started from scratch and quite happy about it.
Interesting...

I noticed that ARS is no longer functioning. I would imagine competition in that domain today is so high that margins are low.
SixNein is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 23,993
You want us to give you a rated list of 5 profitable concepts and tell you the next 5 that will be big to a non industry contributor "peaking his head in"? To what end?
Bladewire is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
SixNein
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
You want us to give you a rated list of 5 profitable concepts and tell you the next 5 that will be big to a non industry contributor "peaking his head in"? To what end?
I thought it would be an interesting conversation?
SixNein is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
MatureKing
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,070
Adult business depends from many things.. Traffic, software, niche nad that's not all
__________________
Click Papa - good CPM

Hell Thailand - real life Movies
MatureKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
bns666
Confirmed Fetishist
 
bns666's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Puta Madre Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Posts: 8,754
porn existed long time before internet and it will only grow up, not die.
bns666 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
wankawonk
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 118
The future of adult is that webmasters are going to keep fighting tooth and nail for the tiny bit of google traffic that mindgeek doesn't own, and they're going to sell all of that traffic to mindgeek
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #9
tomash999
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 36
Live VR, smart TV, wifi toys.

Regular tubes are going down because of ad blocks, unless they offer premium membership and something that you can't download like live interaction.
__________________
Bots, web crawlers and automation
tomash999 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #10
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankawonk View Post
The future of adult is that webmasters are going to keep fighting tooth and nail for the tiny bit of google traffic that mindgeek doesn't own, and they're going to sell all of that traffic to mindgeek
who said that?

i personally know a TONN of webmasters with 6-7 digit yearly income what are not part of mindgeek.

it is just a question of logic thinking. if you can think logic you will always make good money with porn.

your guys problem is that one is copying the other. everyone is doing the same. but if you run behind the flock you eat the shit and not the gras.

someone asked me that question about the future of the adult industry 15 years ago - and my answer was: SEX SELL - BUT WHAT ?

exactly that was what i started to focus on since that time and i can not say that this was a wrong desicion. i am 20 years in that biz and saw a lot of high and low times around me but my talent is to see them before they come (what is VERY easy btw) and that is possibly the reason why I am still here and still in best condition.
__________________
Need traffic ??? Get it from www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 23,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
exactly that was what i started to focus on since that time and i can not say that this was a wrong desicion. i am 20 years in that biz and saw a lot of high and low times around me but my talent is to see them before they come (what is VERY easy btw) and that is possibly the reason why I am still here and still in best condition.
^^^ This

The followers have been hurting in adult for a while now, ripped off by the fly by night scammers over and over and over again.

Creators with vision and a pulse on the online culture are still doing well because they adapt and have forsight
__________________


Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #12
Tim
(ex) Affiliate Manager
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 18,450
Were you an affiliate program owner by any chance?
__________________
WORDPRESS USER? - Win Elegant Themes Memberships
Tim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #13
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42
 
Barry-xlovecam's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 15,576
I would try and think of ways to profit from "user made" porn and sexually oriented content. Newly arriving amateurs in the "sex world" come armed with 13 megapixel cameras in their smartphones and HD webcams that are capable of producing reasonable quality content.

I don't think anyone is going to become a 'bigbox' seller of porn like in the old business model. All of these indie producers of product will need technical services and help developing platforms.

Software expertise is something they don't have. "A VPI is an interface to exploit a value proposition." < that's something I just read today -- there's an idea that could be interesting.
__________________
Vive la résistance -- Carpe diem

Surfers: XloveCam.com >>> Affiliates: $€£ >> XloveCash.com
Sk.why.pe: barry_555_5 -- ICQ: three1896three617
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #14
bushwacker
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: so. fla.
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Were you an affiliate program owner by any chance?
I think he was back in the early 2000's. Maybe I'm wrong?
bushwacker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #15
SixNein
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
I think he was back in the early 2000's. Maybe I'm wrong?
Late 90s early 2000s

I think 'Ace' was my EITF username from the ARS days.
SixNein is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
8pt-buck
Confirmed User
 
8pt-buck's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixNein View Post
I used the work in the adult business many years ago; however, I left it in order to pursue my passion in software engineering. It's interesting to peak my head in the door as so many from my era is out of the business today.

How would you rate the 5 most profitable concepts today?
What do you think will be the 5 most profitable concepts in the future?
Sean Shapcott ?
__________________
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
8pt-buck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
AaronM
GFY Goodwill Ambassador
 
AaronM's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: ┌∩┐ ◣_◢ ┌∩┐
Posts: 46,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pt-buck View Post
Sean Shapcott ?

Sean still posts here with his regular user name.

Based on the German portion of this new username, I doubt it's Seth (SixNine) either.
__________________
FTP
AaronM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #18
xXXtesy10
Fakecoin Investor
 
xXXtesy10's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Delhi, IN
Posts: 6,978
__________________
WARNING: Stay Away From Marlboroack aka aka Brandon Ackerman
http://gfy.com/21169705-post8.html
Donny Long is Felon, Stalker, Scammer & Coward
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...lon-int-761244
xXXtesy10 is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #19
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
The future for porn is great. More and more people will be consuming it. The problem is less and less will pay to consume it.

Joining a paysite to jerk off once a day is pointless, there are far better free options. Because no matter how well it's produced another company will do something similar and put 10-minute clips on Pornhub.

Live-cams is all that's left, Dating is mainstream, Seeing where the traffic and best girls are going it's clear the Chaturbate model wins. Studio girls sitting in a crap cubicle, staring at a screen 2 feet away from the camera or down at a keyboard is yesterday's model and will be killed off by girls who interact with customers far better. The best girls are independent of those studio based models as there are two many shaving off from their earnings.

There could be a future for some of these girls to have their own sites with their own recorded scenes as Barry suggests. The thing is they don't need Barry unless he can get his costs down. The best girls will soon learn how to promote themselves on social media. Far better for a girl to earn 100% of a punter's money than 33%.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 AM   #20
Tim
(ex) Affiliate Manager
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 18,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixNein View Post
Late 90s early 2000s

I think 'Ace' was my EITF username from the ARS days.
Ah OK. I was confusing you with another SixNine
__________________
WORDPRESS USER? - Win Elegant Themes Memberships
Tim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #21
MatureKing
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
who said that?

i personally know a TONN of webmasters with 6-7 digit yearly income what are not part of mindgeek.

it is just a question of logic thinking. if you can think logic you will always make good money with porn.

your guys problem is that one is copying the other. everyone is doing the same. but if you run behind the flock you eat the shit and not the gras.

someone asked me that question about the future of the adult industry 15 years ago - and my answer was: SEX SELL - BUT WHAT ?

exactly that was what i started to focus on since that time and i can not say that this was a wrong desicion. i am 20 years in that biz and saw a lot of high and low times around me but my talent is to see them before they come (what is VERY easy btw) and that is possibly the reason why I am still here and still in best condition.
It's too hard at this time, cause not counting all sign ups. No sign up's in this year on good good selling affiliates program
__________________
Click Papa - good CPM

Hell Thailand - real life Movies
MatureKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 AM   #22
crucifissio
Confirmed User
 
crucifissio's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
The best girls will soon learn how to promote themselves on social media. Far better for a girl to earn 100% of a punter's money than 33%.
yes yes they will, somehow, acquire work ethic, technological skills and motivation

number of self promoting solo girls paul knows: -9
__________________
super awesome KGB black belt olympic-gymnast-fucking oligarch secret agent US election fixing pimp boi
crucifissio is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #23
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
who said that?

i personally know a TONN of webmasters with 6-7 digit yearly income what are not part of mindgeek.

it is just a question of logic thinking. if you can think logic you will always make good money with porn.

your guys problem is that one is copying the other. everyone is doing the same. but if you run behind the flock you eat the shit and not the gras.

someone asked me that question about the future of the adult industry 15 years ago - and my answer was: SEX SELL - BUT WHAT ?

exactly that was what i started to focus on since that time and i can not say that this was a wrong desicion. i am 20 years in that biz and saw a lot of high and low times around me but my talent is to see them before they come (what is VERY easy btw) and that is possibly the reason why I am still here and still in best condition.
How many is a TONN?

Sex sells, so why give it away? To get traffic which instead of earning $15-30+ for 100 clicks now earns 15 cents for 100 clicks. The numbers are to illustrate the downturn of the industry. The extra traffic that hid the declining ratios no longer exists.

Youtube can give away millions of videos and sell ad space to people selling everything from cars to diapers. The problem for online porn is giving away porn to get traffic to sell ad space to people who sell porn. It may be that a few sites can win with this model, but looking at the number and type of advertisers it's obvious it's very few.

Now free cam girls are getting traffic from pay for studio girls.

Dating is mainstream, with mainstream companies now being hit by Tinder, because it's better and cheaper.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 AM   #24
Holy Damage
Registered User
 
Holy Damage's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Between the legs
Posts: 72
what to do? sell pills? toys? popups? exoclick banners? cj tubes?
Holy Damage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 AM   #25
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
^^^ This

The followers have been hurting in adult for a while now, ripped off by the fly by night scammers over and over and over again.

Creators with vision and a pulse on the online culture are still doing well because they adapt and have forsight
Where do you see evidence of creators in the porn industry?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:45 AM   #26
MatureKing
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,070
make something new, what google will love? how you think?
__________________
Click Papa - good CPM

Hell Thailand - real life Movies
MatureKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #28
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,626
There is no money in porn.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #29
MatureKing
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,070
Let me tell you something. The future is here, but your money in motion
__________________
Click Papa - good CPM

Hell Thailand - real life Movies
MatureKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #30
Konda
...
 
Konda's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post

Joining a paysite to jerk off once a day is pointless, there are far better free options. Because no matter how well it's produced another company will do something similar and put 10-minute clips on Pornhub.
Tell that Blacked/Tushy/Vixen. They are banking like it's 1999 while putting out 10 min videos on all the big tubes at the same time.
If you produce high quality content and make a quality site that updates regularly there are still plenty of people that will pay for porn.
Konda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #31
celandina
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,932
content is king...always was and always will...make shit with 6 K rez, 13 megapixels or with VR and get shit in return...
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #32
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,626
The future is....plastics son. Plastics!
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #33
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 23,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konda View Post
Tell that Blacked/Tushy/Vixen. They are banking like it's 1999 while putting out 10 min videos on all the big tubes at the same time.
If you produce high quality content and make a quality site that updates regularly there are still plenty of people that will pay for porn.
Paul thinks tube sites have tons of new content everyday poor fella
__________________


Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:04 AM   #34
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konda View Post
Tell that Blacked/Tushy/Vixen. They are banking like it's 1999 while putting out 10 min videos on all the big tubes at the same time.
If you produce high quality content and make a quality site that updates regularly there are still plenty of people that will pay for porn.
They must have been doing crap in 1999.

How about putting your high-quality content site in your signature. You might get some people to promote it.

I do agree that content is king, been saying that for 17 years. The problem is few know how to produce it and even fewer have the money to produce it. Too many think it's about the camera or fancy add-ons, like using VR and allowing the viewer to change the background.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 AM   #35
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
content is king...always was and always will...make shit with 6 K rez, 13 megapixels or with VR and get shit in return...
Something this industry will never get. They still believe shit in on the latest camera = Cream out.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:06 AM   #36
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Paul thinks tube sites have tons of new content everyday poor fella
They update more than a paid site, which is all that matters.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:47 AM   #37
lock
Confirmed User
 
lock's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,544
Both mainstream and porn focus now on traffic trades and sales. Any opportunity to find a spender with credit card or sell the click via adwords etc mainstream porn plugrush etc. Traffic is sent to tubes or to more of same model, full movie or HD upsells, Dating Cams, virtual reality or just for moving trading traffic for search engine popularity.
What has gone pic posts dialers AVS and TGPs. There are plenty of niche ideas to pursue and it is really only the niches that will lure and make you money. Sex in gas masks or what ever it is that sells for you. The more variety the more soaked into the sea of the web it becomes. Content still needs to still be a matter supply and demand and found most relevant way or just shoved down throats to make a sale.
You probably now have more chance of success with mainstream than porn if your making a choice right now.
__________________
Traffic.tools - Free Optimize Your Site. TrafficWholesale.com - Buy Sell traffic.
PremiumNameDomain.com
- Domain Names
lock is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:51 AM   #38
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42
 
Barry-xlovecam's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 15,576
What do you think makes more money -- fine art or wall paint in cans?
__________________
Vive la résistance -- Carpe diem

Surfers: XloveCam.com >>> Affiliates: $€£ >> XloveCash.com
Sk.why.pe: barry_555_5 -- ICQ: three1896three617
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 AM   #39
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
How many is a TONN?
let´s say it this way - less as in 1999 but each one of them with much more income as that kind of people who thought they are successful because they are good.
in the 90s til around 2007/2008 a donkey was able to make money in internet.

this time is passed but the money is still coming in - just to other hands.

Quote:
Sex sells, so why give it away? To get traffic which instead of earning $15-30+ for 100 clicks now earns 15 cents for 100 clicks. The numbers are to illustrate the downturn of the industry. The extra traffic that hid the declining ratios no longer exists.
where do you think "titanic" make the most of it´s revenue?
in the cinemas and pay tv chanels or in the thousands of repeats in the free TV?

Quote:
Youtube can give away millions of videos and sell ad space to people selling everything from cars to diapers. The problem for online porn is giving away porn to get traffic to sell ad space to people who sell porn. It may be that a few sites can win with this model, but looking at the number and type of advertisers it's obvious it's very few.
THAT´s the big error - you can´t sell food on people when you give them food for free.
but you can sell them drinks and much more.

Quote:
Now free cam girls are getting traffic from pay for studio girls.

Dating is mainstream, with mainstream companies now being hit by Tinder, because it's better and cheaper.
you are still thinking just in a much to small spectrum.
porn-users are consumers same like someone on a weather forcast site or a news site is a consumer with ALL need of a consumer.

we are getting closer and closer to that every day. more and more products (or even clones of products under other brand) are promoted on porn sites.

with cheese you are catching mice and with porn you are catching humans (primary man). but it is a big mistake to think that the product you sell is the same as the product you give for free.
to succeed with that you need to focus on the whole consumer an all his needs and not just this small portion of his interests.

there is a new generation in the internet what is not focused on generating traffic or designing web pages. these new generation is completely focused on sale optimizing.
and that´s good - because we need professions for traffic generation and professionals for traffic monetizing.

the "traffic generator/marketing specialist-hybrid" is not existing anymore and he can´t compete with focused "traffic generators" OR "marketing specialists".
today you have to decide WHO and WHAT you are and be 100% perfect in ONLY that.
__________________
Need traffic ??? Get it from www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #40
PikaPoka
I'm 32 and broke. Fuck.
 
PikaPoka's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 2,238
Maybe no future, but who cares.
PikaPoka is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:47 AM   #41
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR
 
JFK's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: FUBARLAND
Posts: 64,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
There is no money in porn.
Of Course Not, now move along, nothing to see here !!
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #42
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
let´s say it this way - less as in 1999 but each one of them with much more income as that kind of people who thought they are successful because they are good.
in the 90s til around 2007/2008 a donkey was able to make money in internet.

this time is passed but the money is still coming in - just to other hands.
And I will bet all your big earners are buying traffic from you. To sell what?



Quote:
where do you think "titanic" make the most of it´s revenue?
in the cinemas and pay tv chanels or in the thousands of repeats in the free TV?
What has mainstream cinema got to do with porn?



Quote:
THAT´s the big error - you can´t sell food on people when you give them food for free.
but you can sell them drinks and much more.
True. But you can't sell porn to people getting free porn. Seems you agree with me.



Quote:
you are still thinking just in a much to small spectrum.
porn-users are consumers same like someone on a weather forcast site or a news site is a consumer with ALL need of a consumer.

we are getting closer and closer to that every day. more and more products (or even clones of products under other brand) are promoted on porn sites.

with cheese you are catching mice and with porn you are catching humans (primary man). but it is a big mistake to think that the product you sell is the same as the product you give for free.
to succeed with that you need to focus on the whole consumer an all his needs and not just this small portion of his interests.

there is a new generation in the internet what is not focused on generating traffic or designing web pages. these new generation is completely focused on sale optimizing.
and that´s good - because we need professions for traffic generation and professionals for traffic monetizing.

the "traffic generator/marketing specialist-hybrid" is not existing anymore and he can´t compete with focused "traffic generators" OR "marketing specialists".
today you have to decide WHO and WHAT you are and be 100% perfect in ONLY that.
Again agreeing with me. You can't sell porn to people who can jerk off to free porn. Whether you can sell ad space to non-porn companies is another business, not the adult business. Whether it will be as profitable as selling porn is another debate. 1-100 selling a $30 membership certainly made more money that 1-10,000 clicks selling another product.

Once mainstream advertisers on porn sites, the adult business is screwed. Unless people can afford to produce content just to give it away for free to get views. Which is what some Youtubers can do.

This is about the adult business, so unless you can show your ad space sales generate a better income than porn did. We will stick to our stats.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #43
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
Of Course Not, now move along, nothing to see here !!
There will always be money in porn. Just not as much as there used to be.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #44
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post

This is about the adult business, so unless you can show your ad space sales generate a better income than porn did. We will stick to our stats.
paul, WHY should i prove myself with showing you my stats ?
i do not want you or anybody else is copying me.

i give a flying fuck if you believe me or not - the people who have to know it know it and that is fine for me.

i just wanted to say that it is in everybody´s own hands to make money or not make money. and next to the numbers of loosers there are still a lot of winners in that biz - but they do not follow the usual logic. and the do not try to make the biz as they did 15 years ago.

i am 20 years in that biz and you really do not have to tell me the difference between yesterday and today. i made my thing yesterday and still do it today and i will do it also tomorrow as long as i have 2 eyes and a working brain.

and btw. 30% of my last year income came from mainstream. my goal for this year are 35-40% - and yes i made 100% of that with porn users.
__________________
Need traffic ??? Get it from www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #45
MatureKing
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,070
Listen to me my little friend, you stay in the present, but future can come to you fast and you won't know what to do in the future. It could be happen. But if you see my hand you can be patient and you will see this world from another side like other man. You will come in new world with new passion and thoughts.
__________________
Click Papa - good CPM

Hell Thailand - real life Movies
MatureKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #46
Tim
(ex) Affiliate Manager
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 18,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
Based on the German portion of this new username, I doubt it's Seth (SixNine) either.
Me neither in that case. That's who I thought it might be initially. Hope your'e well Aaron
__________________
WORDPRESS USER? - Win Elegant Themes Memberships
Tim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #47
2MuchMark
Too lazy to set a custom title
 
2MuchMark's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 19,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixNein View Post

How would you rate the 5 most profitable concepts today?
What do you think will be the 5 most profitable concepts in the future?
Cams, cams, cams cams cams.
__________________
|
www.2Much.net | www.Miricam.com |
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #48
323
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15
1% of webmasters control 99% of the earnings
323 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:19 AM   #49
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
paul, WHY should i prove myself with showing you my stats ?
i do not want you or anybody else is copying me.

i give a flying fuck if you believe me or not - the people who have to know it know it and that is fine for me.

i just wanted to say that it is in everybody´s own hands to make money or not make money. and next to the numbers of loosers there are still a lot of winners in that biz - but they do not follow the usual logic. and the do not try to make the biz as they did 15 years ago.

i am 20 years in that biz and you really do not have to tell me the difference between yesterday and today. i made my thing yesterday and still do it today and i will do it also tomorrow as long as i have 2 eyes and a working brain.

and btw. 30% of my last year income came from mainstream. my goal for this year are 35-40% - and yes i made 100% of that with porn users.
Because without proof we are left with our impressions of what we see. Which make your claims look like Bullshit.

So yes you do need to prove your points. Or look like a bullshitter.

https://www.trafficfabrik.com/ isn't that impressive.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:32 AM   #50
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Because without proof we are left with our impressions of what we see. Which make your claims look like Bullshit.

So yes you do need to prove your points. Or look like a bullshitter.

https://www.trafficfabrik.com/ isn't that impressive.
i don´t care what you think
i just know what i know and there is no reason to force anyone to believe.

there are enough people here who know me good enough to know that i am not
bullshitting around.

but sure - for people like you it is always easier to make circumstances or others
guilty for the own badluck. hope you still can buy enough tissues to dry your tears ;-)
__________________
Need traffic ??? Get it from www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
adult, business, concepts, future, profitable
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.