GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Scott McD can you understand this vid clip? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1343397)

Grapesoda 03-30-2021 10:26 AM

Scott McD can you understand this vid clip?

Scott McD 03-30-2021 02:33 PM

Ha, of course !!

It's funny actually, my wife who lived 23 miles away when i first met her, she has a completely different accent and any time we have to get a taxi cab here the driver will always notice when she speaks that she isn't from here originally :1orglaugh . Even though it's only 23 miles distance. It's and East vs West thing.

Generally speaking, you know when our news station on tv is interviewing someone and they don't even try and speak 'proper' English......it actually sounds horrific and we cringe like fuck through it.

But then again travel through England and again the accent changes from city to city. I can understand most fine but Liverpool (scouse) is just different level. They speak 100mph.

Crazy how some short road distances can lead to so many different ways of speaking...

Scott McD 03-30-2021 02:36 PM

All my wife has to say here to anyone is "dinnae ken".

And right away you see people looking like "wtfff!..." :helpme

Translation: Dinnae ken = don't know

Grapesoda 03-30-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McD (Post 22839052)
Ha, of course !!

It's funny actually, my wife who lived 23 miles away when i first met her, she has a completely different accent and any time we have to get a taxi cab here the driver will always notice when she speaks that she isn't from here originally :1orglaugh . Even though it's only 23 miles distance. It's and East vs West thing.

Generally speaking, you know when our news station on tv is interviewing someone and they don't even try and speak 'proper' English......it actually sounds horrific and we cringe like fuck through it.

But then again travel through England and again the accent changes from city to city. I can understand most fine but Liverpool (scouse) is just different level. They speak 100mph.

Crazy how some short road distances can lead to so many different ways of speaking...

I used to watch 'tagert' I was only able to understand some of it lol

Scott McD 03-30-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22839166)
I used to watch 'tagert' I was only able to understand some of it lol

Ha! Taggart is mild as fuck compared to how we actually talk. It used to be noticeable how much they tried to appeal to an audience outwith Scotland by using 'proper' English words in place of words we use day to day.

An accent is one thing, but we practically have a different language altogether...

Grapesoda 03-31-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McD (Post 22839214)
Ha! Taggart is mild as fuck compared to how we actually talk. It used to be noticeable how much they tried to appeal to an audience outwith Scotland by using 'proper' English words in place of words we use day to day.

An accent is one thing, but we practically have a different language altogether...

i thought it was cool the main actor who played taggart died, and they just kept the show going, same name and everything :1orglaugh