GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   a case for the armed civilians (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1283752)

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 07:50 PM

a case for the armed civilians

Willeford was at home Sunday in Sutherland Springs when his daughter first heard the shooting next door at the First Baptist Church, and he went over to see what was happening. He had friends inside.

A former National Rifle Association instructor, Willeford took with him the AR-15-style assault rifle that he keeps in a safe.

What happened next was a scenario nearly unheard of in mass shootings, but one often suggested by those in favor of a well-armed citizenry: An armed bystander got in a shootout with a mass killer, and chased him out of town.

Two of Willeford's shots apparently hit Kelley, one in the leg, and one in the torso. The gunman dropped his gun and fled the scene in an SUV.

Willeford had been brave enough, and he had been skilled enough. But he had not quite been fast enough. Back at the church, Kelley had already killed 26 people and wounded 20 more, including many children, in the fifth-deadliest shooting in modern American history

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/break...cid=spartanntp

BaldBastard 11-06-2017 08:00 PM

Sounds awesome doesn't.!

But the reality is if he had just called the police, and perused the vehicle staying a safe distance back, the outcome would of been exactly the same?

Maybe just stop giving mental people access to guns.

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22065098)
Sounds awesome doesn't.!

But the reality is if he had just called the police, and perused the vehicle staying a safe distance back, the outcome would of been exactly the same?

hopefully if my family is in danger this guy will be there and not you :2 cents: (btw I'm still sorting out how calling the police would have shot the fucking killer and made him stop, much too complicated for my brain)

onwebcam 11-06-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22065098)
Sounds awesome doesn't.!

I'm pretty sure when the cops arrived they unloaded a few clips just to make sure he was dead. At least I hope they did anyway.

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onwebcam (Post 22065104)
I'm pretty sure when the cops arrived they unloaded a few clips just to make sure he was dead. At least I hope they did anyway.

no kidding after they read him his rights...

SilentKnight 11-06-2017 09:14 PM

One report said the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot...but there's speculation the good samaritan gunman hit him and possibly killed him. Wonder if they'll ever clarify that. I like to think the citizen took the fucker out with a few rounds. Just hope he doesn't get charged - that's the way things usually go in this fucked up world.

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentKnight (Post 22065136)
One report said the gunman died of a self-inflicted gunshot...but there's speculation the good samaritan gunman hit him and possibly killed him. Wonder if they'll ever clarify that. I like to think the citizen took the fucker out with a few rounds. Just hope he doesn't get charged - that's the way things usually go in this fucked up world.

the killer thought he was bleeding out from the leg shot... that guy saved many many lives that day :2 cents:

BaldBastard 11-06-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentKnight (Post 22065136)

No what's been said is, A former National Rifle Association instructor, took his AR-15-style assault rifle to confront the shooter and despite unloading more than 100 shots was only able to inflict two minor injuries on the shooter who he then pursued until police arrested him. Where the other bullets went no one knows...

So even a NRA instructor.. can't use these weapons.

Heres a great movie to watch, Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds (2002) - IMDb

classic scene where they give the yanks some automatic weapons

Rochard 11-06-2017 09:40 PM

I disagree. In less than twenty seconds the shooter killed two dozen people plus, and wounded yet more. The damage was done Willeford armed himself.

If Willeford never fired a shot it's entirely possible the shooter would be custody right now, we would have answers, and the victims could get some closure. Instead, Willeford will be sued in court by the shooter's kids.

At the same time civilians who are themselves typically end up victims. Here in town we had a home invasion last year, the homeowner armed himself, and the robber just took the gun away from him and shot him.

In Colorado last week civilians complicated everything when they all pulled out their firearms during a shooting - once police got inside and pulled video footage it took them a lot longer to figure out who the shooter was because they had to investigate a dozen gunman instead of one: https://thinkprogress.org/the-walmar...-75933af8cb92/

This was the second largest mass shooting in modern history and yet we are saying "more guns" is the solution. This is insane.

The president said "This is a mental health problem". That's funny, because they don't seem to have the same mental health problems in Canada.

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22065166)
I disagree. In less than twenty seconds the shooter killed two dozen people plus, and wounded yet more. The damage was done Willeford armed himself.

If Willeford never fired a shot it's entirely possible the shooter would be custody right now, we would have answers, and the victims could get some closure. Instead, Willeford will be sued in court by the shooter's kids.

At the same time civilians who are themselves typically end up victims. Here in town we had a home invasion last year, the homeowner armed himself, and the robber just took the gun away from him and shot him.

In Colorado last week civilians complicated everything when they all pulled out their firearms during a shooting - once police got inside and pulled video footage it took them a lot longer to figure out who the shooter was because they had to investigate a dozen gunman instead of one: https://thinkprogress.org/the-walmar...-75933af8cb92/

This was the second largest mass shooting in modern history and yet we are saying "more guns" is the solution. This is insane.

The president said "This is a mental health problem". That's funny, because they don't seem to have the same mental health problems in Canada.

great stuff, I wished the lived next door to me...

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22065166)

you read any of marks post?

Grapesoda 11-06-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22065158)
No what's been said is, A former National Rifle Association instructor, took his AR-15-style assault rifle to confront the shooter and despite unloading more than 100 shots was only able to inflict two minor injuries on the shooter who he then pursued until police arrested him. Where the other bullets went no one knows...

So even a NRA instructor.. can't use these weapons.

Heres a great movie to watch, Dirty Deeds

Dirty Deeds (2002) - IMDb

classic scene where they give the yanks some automatic weapons

talking shit and playing video games isn't like some fuck shooting back at you... you know?

def a Monday quarter back and just as full of shit :2 cents:

BaldBastard 11-06-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22065198)
talking shit and playing video games isn't like some fuck shooting back at you... you know?

Yeah I do realise that.. but I really don't think you do.

Paul Markham 11-07-2017 11:13 AM

So the option is to arm more people so they can stop mass shooting after they have happened.

Do you see how illogical your idea is?

In the UK no one has guns, so mass shootings are very rare. A better policy.

astronaut x 11-07-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22065196)
you read any of marks post?

We have read yours :2 cents:

starling 11-07-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Markham (Post 22065798)
So the option is to arm more people so they can stop mass shooting after they have happened.

Do you see how illogical your idea is?

In the UK no one has guns, so mass shootings are very rare. A better policy.

We have plenty of stabbings, bombings and acid attacks. High taxes, no freedom of speech, a worse quality of life and Scotland.

Yeah...so much better.

Edit: and a dictatorship

PR_Glen 11-07-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling (Post 22065816)
We have plenty of stabbings, bombings and acid attacks. High taxes, no freedom of speech, a worse quality of life and Scotland.

Yeah...so much better.

Edit: and a dictatorship

you live in wonderland compared to most of the planet, man the fuck up...

tony286 11-07-2017 12:56 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/u...ng-church.html

This mother fucker should have never been allowed to own a gun. If they changed nothing when all those little kids were killed. They wont do shit now.

starling 11-07-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PR_Glen (Post 22065840)
you live in wonderland compared to most of the planet, man the fuck up...

Doesn't mean it can't be better. I was just pointing out that we are in no position to say what the Americans should be doing when it comes to freedoms.