GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   News Otto Warmbier dead ? American student who was jailed in North Korea and released in a coma dies, his (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1268206)

TheDynasty 06-19-2017 01:54 PM

Otto Warmbier dead ? American student who was jailed in North Korea and released in a coma dies, his

RIP...

Otto Warmbier dead – American student who was jailed in North Korea and released in a coma dies, his family reveals

His dad Fred said Otto was “terrorised and brutalised” during his 17-month detention in a labour camp.

“The day after he was sentenced, he went into a coma,” he said.

Today a family statement released by a Ohio hospital said he died at 2:20pm local time (7:20pm GMT).

“We would like to thank the wonderful professionals at The University of Cincinnati Medical Center who did everything they could for Otto”, it read.

“Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today”.

Warmbier was serving a 15-year prison term with hard labour after he tearfully confessed that he tried to steal a propaganda banner while visiting the country.

Such detentions in the totalitarian nation have added to tensions between Washington and Pyongyang.

Three Americans remain in custody.

The US government accuses North Korea of using such detainees as political pawns.

North Korea accuses Washington and South Korea of sending spies to overthrow its government.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/383726...d-north-korea/

Bladewire 06-19-2017 02:24 PM

Yeah I dunno this has CIA written all over it. If they'd show his body in the hospital bed immaciated or something this would be more believable.

Normally parents who complained about how their son was damaged would actually show him in the hospital bed etc.

Smack dat 06-19-2017 02:36 PM

How can he have been “terrorised and brutalised” for 17 months if he was in a coma for all but one day of those 17 months?
Seems to me NK did a better job at keeping him alive than USA did.

slapass 06-19-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smack dat (Post 21842956)
How can he have been ?terrorised and brutalised? for 17 months if he was in a coma for all but one day of those 17 months?

He was jailed before being sentenced.

Bladewire 06-19-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapass (Post 21842959)
He was jailed before being sentenced.

Clearly he was fine during sentencing, no bruises or anything.

You'd think his parents would want the last public image of their son to be him unconscious in a hospital bed, the victim, instead of hysterical fake crying at his sentencing.

If you look at the footage of him at his sentencing, no actual tears, that was the initial red flag for me, a lot of drama, wincing his eyes etc. but no tears.

crockett 06-19-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smack dat (Post 21842956)
How can he have been ?terrorised and brutalised? for 17 months if he was in a coma for all but one day of those 17 months?

He probably wasn't in a coma after his 1st day.. It's NK claiming that.. They probably claimed he was in a Coma so they could attempt to cover up his mistreatment..

Smack dat 06-19-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21842983)
Clearly he was fine during sentencing, no bruises or anything.

You'd think his parents would want the last public image of their son to be him unconscious in a hospital bed, the victim, instead of hysterical fake crying at his sentencing.

If you look at the footage of him at his sentencing, no actual tears, that was the initial red flag for me, a lot of drama, wincing his eyes etc. but no tears.

I have watched his sentencing and yes, it looks like very bad acting.

Bladewire 06-19-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smack dat (Post 21843025)
I have watched his sentencing and yes, it looks like very bad acting.

What would be the purpose of a staged event though, that's what I don't get. Worst acting ever and no tears.

Bladewire 06-19-2017 03:50 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...te-speaks-out/

"Until now, Gratton has not spoken publicly about the case. He was never contacted by the U.S. government or the tour company that arranged the visit."

"Gratton said that in the four days they spent together, Warmbier never said anything about a banner and that he saw zero evidence that Warmbier was planning any such act ? quite the opposite. The first Gratton heard of the alleged attempted theft was when it was mentioned in news reports weeks later. Gratton and Warmbier weren?t together 24 hours each day, but they traveled together during the day and hung out each night."

Smack dat 06-19-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21843040)
What would be the purpose of a staged event though, that's what I don't get. Worst acting ever and no tears.

He wanted to stay in NK and report back to the US. He was attempting to learn more about the system.

8pt-buck 06-19-2017 03:54 PM

Very sad!

Bladewire 06-19-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smack dat (Post 21843082)
He wanted to stay in NK and report back to the US. He was attempting to learn more about the system.

Interesting hypothesis. I'm not the conspiracy type but I am interested in theories because none of what happened ir what's being presented, is believable it making sense.

Phoenix 06-19-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smack dat (Post 21843082)

Because they would expose their inner workings to some kid from the usa. He was beat to death plain amd simple by a brutal regime.

Bladewire 06-19-2017 11:16 PM

Paul Markham 06-20-2017 12:07 AM

NK isn't the place for any Americans to visit. Did they try to use him as a bargaining chip against the US?

mineistaken 06-20-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21843040)

Huh, north korean style propaganda,obviously.

And most likely he went along because they promised him something (less yeara, better conditions etc).

mineistaken 06-20-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 21843373)
Because they would expose their inner workings to some kid from the usa. He was beat to death plain amd simple by a brutal regime.

Would it make sense instead of keeping him and use as a tool for years?

Sarn 06-20-2017 07:21 AM

RIP
NK some crazy guys

pamon 06-20-2017 07:28 AM

Wander into am enemy country, get caught stealing, get punished and youre surprised about cruel treatment. Sorry he knew the dangers and was an idiot for travelling there.

AndyA 06-20-2017 10:45 AM

http://dm.damcdn.net/pics/wp-content...aked-girls.jpg

SpicyM 06-20-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamon (Post 21844153)
Wander into am enemy country, get caught stealing, get punished and youre surprised about cruel treatment. Sorry he knew the dangers and was an idiot for travelling there.

No, he was an idiot for stealing. NK regime actually accepts tourists, no thieves though.

TheSquealer 06-20-2017 01:39 PM

Americans are stupid. They think they can go somewhere and have "rights". They think they can be loud and annoying and think it matters that they are American. If you don't want to be randomly imprisoned by a dictatorial, homicidal regime and sworn enemy of your own nation who threatens full scale nuclear war once a week, then don't fucking go there.

He has no one to blame but himself.

It's pretty laughable to believe they starve their own people, murder any and all opposition but aren't going to throw a person from an enemy nation in prison for political reasons and as a bargaining chip. Happens all the time. Iran does it regularly for example.

NewNick 06-21-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSquealer (Post 21844957)
Americans are stupid. They think they can go somewhere and have "rights". They think they can be loud and annoying and think it matters that they are American. If you don't want to be randomly imprisoned by a dictatorial, homicidal regime and sworn enemy of your own nation who threatens full scale nuclear war once a week, then don't fucking go there.

He has no one to blame but himself.

It's pretty laughable to believe they starve their own people, murder any and all opposition but aren't going to throw a person from an enemy nation in prison for political reasons and as a bargaining chip. Happens all the time. Iran does it regularly for example.

Your concern is touching.