GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Zombaio.com - One Year In Review (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1117569)

Eschaton 08-05-2013 09:49 PM

Zombaio.com - One Year In Review

After processing with Zombaio for a little over a year, I thought it was time to chime in with a review.

1) I'm doing a little over $4k a week now. I switched from CCBill because 15% is too much. The 9.9% rate saves me about $10,000/year. That's like half of a new Prius!

2) I've seen others complain/claim they are late on payouts. I can confirm that they are occasionally late on payouts. However, they occasionally pay in advance as well. For example, I had a payout date settlement on the 29th and received the transfer on the 22nd -- which was nice. I get paid via ACH and live in the states -- which is why I think sometimes there are delays between "intermediaries". I saw Michael (maybe someone else, can't remember) talking about them setting up a US payout processor to help fix the late payout issue. So, that should be nice.

3) Conversion went up after switching from CCBill to Zombaio -- it was marginal and may not be statistically significant. Around 3 - 4%. I had contacted CCBill previously about their ancient, 1999-looking payment pages but there wasn't too much they could do about that.

The only thing I'd like to see is better reporting options. For example, rebill retention rate. There's a retention rate statistic on the main dashboard but no explanation (that I'm aware of) as to how they calculate it or what it means.

Anyway -- overall a good experience. :thumbsup

lagcam 08-05-2013 10:12 PM

In before the usual crew of Zombaio haters who will predictably point to your low post count as evidence that you are not a real person/business bla bla bla.

For what it is worth, I think your post is a more accurate portrayal of a typical user's experience with Zombaio than the usual stories that make the boards. Problem is, that people don't often write posts when things work as they should do. :2 cents:

Eschaton 08-05-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagcam (Post 19747845)
In before the usual crew of Zombaio haters who will predictably point to your low post count as evidence that you are not a real person/business bla bla bla.

For what it is worth, I think your post is a more accurate portrayal of a typical user's experience with Zombaio than the usual stories that make the boards. Problem is, that people don't often write posts when things work as they should do. :2 cents:

Actually the reason I wrote the review was because someone on Amazon called me out on a negative review I wrote about a fruit juicer, saying I only write negative reviews (So I've been on a binge writing reviews for positive experiences). I think people tend to write reviews when they're emotionally charged to do so -- and people don't get "emotionally charged" when as you said: things are running like they should. Something goes bad, they lose their money, and then they want to write a review (which is understandable).

As far as my low post count I have/had another username but I made this one because the other one used a nickname that was too personal. If people want to call me out on the low post count I'm fine with that. I'm only active on a forum when I need to figure something out. I do other things in my free time :P

UPDATE: PS! I forgot to mention their "Vista Gadget" (which works on Windows 7 btw) is awesome. It's a little window widget that sits on your desktop and says how much you've made. I have it set to monthly, because the other option (week/day) is a rolling 24 hours or 7 days (so it doesn't reset at 12am). Probably not on their list of top priorities, but it'd be nice to have the same weekly reporting as you would get in the Zombaio dashboard when you log in.

ShowMe69 08-06-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

I don't think anybody hates Zombaio, but Zombaio has been plagued with some issues that are documented that were and still are highly detrimental to some peoples business.

That being said I am no longer a client of theirs, as they severed our relationship, that situation cost me a little over 3.5k monthly, after 5 yrs of doing business with them.

If another person's situation is different then that is great

georgeyw 08-06-2013 04:24 AM

Out of interest, what niche is your site?

CaptainHowdy 08-06-2013 04:32 AM

http://www.poprewind.com/wp-content/...orld-pepsi.jpg

candyflip 08-06-2013 06:34 AM

I have never had a single issue with Zombaio.

Some payments are a few days late, some are early. Hardly anything to get worked up about.

iSpyCams 08-06-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMe69 (Post 19748063)
I don't think anybody hates Zombaio, but Zombaio has been plagued with some issues that are documented that were and still are highly detrimental to some peoples business.

That being said I am no longer a client of theirs, as they severed our relationship, that situation cost me a little over 3.5k monthly, after 5 yrs of doing business with them.

If another person's situation is different then that is great

That's not true, I hate Zombaio, but I can imagine how a person doing 4k a week would appreciate them. At 4k+ a day I don't have time for their bullshit but I make time whenever there is an opportunity to point out that they are idiots.

ShowMe69 08-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyflip (Post 19748195)
I have never had a single issue with Zombaio.

Some payments are a few days late, some are early. Hardly anything to get worked up about.

You haven't had a single issue with them "yet" :pimp
Neither had I , til I did....

Eschaton 08-06-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeyw (Post 19748078)
Out of interest, what niche is your site?

Adult :)

candyflip 08-06-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMe69 (Post 19748511)

Been using them for more than 3 years. Probably close to 5. I've been with them since the showed up here.

georgeyw 08-06-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschaton (Post 19748804)
Adult :)

Great response bloke, next you will tell me that you are not an a grade FUCKHEAD.

KillerK 08-06-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMe69 (Post 19748511)

What was your issue?

Eschaton 08-06-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeyw (Post 19748821)
Great response bloke, next you will tell me that you are not an a grade FUCKHEAD.

Whoa,calm down. I thought it was funny :(

I guess you could say I'm in the softcore modeling niche.

ShowMe69 08-06-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerK (Post 19748838)
What was your issue?

here you go, you can read what happened

https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1112161

javbucks 08-06-2013 09:58 PM

Nice post man

lezkiss 08-06-2013 10:12 PM

I haven't had any issues with Zombaio.

Hey Eschaton out of curiosity what is your site?

NinjaSteve 08-06-2013 10:13 PM

Do you have affiliates?

srockhard 08-06-2013 10:19 PM

I dropped CCBill entirely this year and only use Zombaio now. Sales are up and member satisfaction is up so my only complaint is in the 4th quarter when Z tends to pay a little late (I think 8 days was the latest)...I have always felt like their customer service was above average too because I can chat instantly during biz hours to resolve any issues and Live Chat sure beats the ticket system.

Jakez 08-07-2013 01:50 AM

Nice post.

Quote:

Another good post.

georgeyw 08-07-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschaton (Post 19748868)
Whoa,calm down. I thought it was funny :(

I guess you could say I'm in the softcore modeling niche.

Sorry mate, I asked niche so as not to be so bold to ask for the url (since it isn't in your sig i figured you wanted to keep it private which is fair enough).

I asked niche purely out of interest as I use zombaio on a softcore / glam site too.

Thanks.

Eschaton 08-07-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSteve (Post 19749494)
Do you have affiliates?

Me? No. Not yet at least.

Also came back today because my payment went through. The settlement was for the 5th -- so the payment was 2 days late. I've come to assume that the payment is initiated on the 5th and it can take a couple (business) days to go through.

HOWEVER, as I mentioned in my earlier posts -- they sometimes pay out early. My payout settlement on the 12th went through with today's payment -- so they're early on that.

ShowMe69 08-08-2013 12:00 AM

Click here for a real year in review

https://gfy.com/search.php?searchid=4676045

And I think you will come away with a more accurate picture :thumbsup

Paul&John 08-08-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMe69 (Post 19751010)

https://gfy.com/search.php?searchid=4676045

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Eschaton 08-08-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMe69 (Post 19751010)

Can't copy/paste search links in vBulletin

Paul&John 08-08-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschaton (Post 19751025)
Can't copy/paste search links in vBulletin

Actually you can, they just simply don't work :winkwink:

Struggle4Bucks 08-08-2013 03:00 AM

Am I the only one finding it hard to believe doing "4k a week" on a softcore modeling site without affiliates? The fact you don't have affiliates yet that i believe, because everyone only pushes ccbill.

Struggle4Bucks 08-08-2013 04:55 AM

So you lost all affiliates when you switched from ccbill to Zambaio?

fuzebox 08-08-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Struggle4Bucks (Post 19751121)
Am I the only one finding it hard to believe doing "4k a week" on a softcore modeling site without affiliates?

Why is that hard to believe?

ShowMe69 08-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzebox (Post 19751227)
Why is that hard to believe?

Probably has to do with his GFY join date and # of post and his praise for a company that has been plagued with issues...:2 cents:

mafia_man 08-08-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Only people who've been wronged are going to bitch and complain.

beenthereb4 05-06-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschaton (Post 19747834)
After processing with Zombaio for a little over a year, I thought it was time to chime in with a review.

1) I'm doing a little over $4k a week now. I switched from CCBill because 15% is too much. The 9.9% rate saves me about $10,000/year. That's like half of a new Prius!

2) I've seen others complain/claim they are late on payouts. I can confirm that they are occasionally late on payouts. However, they occasionally pay in advance as well. For example, I had a payout date settlement on the 29th and received the transfer on the 22nd -- which was nice. I get paid via ACH and live in the states -- which is why I think sometimes there are delays between "intermediaries". I saw Michael (maybe someone else, can't remember) talking about them setting up a US payout processor to help fix the late payout issue. So, that should be nice.

3) Conversion went up after switching from CCBill to Zombaio -- it was marginal and may not be statistically significant. Around 3 - 4%. I had contacted CCBill previously about their ancient, 1999-looking payment pages but there wasn't too much they could do about that.

The only thing I'd like to see is better reporting options. For example, rebill retention rate. There's a retention rate statistic on the main dashboard but no explanation (that I'm aware of) as to how they calculate it or what it means.

This Really sounds good . Can we have a review of the last 6 months ?

1. Of the $10,000. They are saving you , they are currently holding around $8k to 16k more than ccbill would be because of their 4 to 5 or maybe 6 week holding schedule .Will you be seeing that money and are you seeing it now ?
2.Are they getting later on payments and has there been any payouts in advance in the last 3 months ? The US payout processor that was talked about did that ever happen? I read something along the same line 6 or 9 months ago and if it did happen did not seem to improve payouts but seemed to make things worse .
3.conversions went up 3 to 4% . Let's review back to number 1. Does the extra 3 to 4% even begin to cover what they are holding ?
As for reporting , the only real reporting I need is when I will receive MY money . Like it has been said many time Excuses are like ******* everyone has one . When the excuses keep changing but the problem (late payments) stays the same then there is a cash flow problem . Call it how someone sends the money , blame mastercard , say you are working on the problem , blah blah blah , it is a cash flow problem and the problem is OUR cash is not flowing . I am not trying be a ******* I would just like to know a update on Your experience recently . Is it :thumbsup or is it :helpme . Cause there are many in the business or just starting in the business and will read your original post and think hey they are worth a try . That is for others to decide by reading this forum . For myself ...well I still have to pay my mortgage and bills On Time . I give all companies 3 chances when it comes to paying me late . Zombaio has used up all 3 chances , the problem is they still have a lot of my money .Do I expect to see it ? Nope . I saved no money by using zombaio . Just because someone post a review that zombaio is not paying them or gets really upset and uses large font does not mean they are crazy , what it means is they are frustrated , frustrated because they have bills to pay and a lot of money that someone else is holding and should be paying them .For some reason Zombaio forgot that the money in their account belonged to someone else and decided just to borrow a little , then a little more .Well Zombaio the bill is due and where is the money ?

Harry Jackson 05-06-2014 09:04 AM

They are terrible payers. We have always struggled to get paid by Zombaio and Redpass over many years now. We made an ACH withdrawl from Redpass a month ago on 7 April and the funds are still not in our bank account and still shows pending.

Eschaton 05-06-2014 09:31 AM

Please note this review was written when they were actually paying me. I don't recommend them at all at this point. If they get their act together and start paying people on time, every time, then I might consider giving them my business. As of now, I recommend paying a higher fee with a different ISP as you'll actually get your money. You're not saving anything when you get 0% and they get 100%.

SGS 05-06-2014 10:23 AM

After Lancelot, iBill, Globill and ePassport thank god we dodged the bullet with this one...

axel77 05-06-2014 10:40 AM

Is Zombaio down for you too?

https://www.zombaio.com/index.asp

https://www.redpass.com/

Cameltoepro 05-06-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axel77 (Post 20077618)

They are up for me.

Harmon 05-06-2014 11:41 AM

Getting this on my phone. Can't be good
The site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach www.zombaio.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Paully 05-06-2014 11:53 AM

I've been getting that a lot on my phone from different sites. The certificate dates are correct so I dunno. I told zombaio about this a couple weeks ago because their js compliance script was causing it on our site.

Seems to be related to ssl and maybe some patch for heartbleed. Just a guess though.

Lykos 05-06-2014 03:11 PM

Too bad for them, i love how redpass system works :(

NewOldPlayer 05-06-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschaton (Post 19747834)
after processing with zombaio for a little over a year, i thought it was time to chime in with a review.

1) i'm doing a little over $4k a week now. I switched from ccbill because 15% is too much. The 9.9% rate saves me about $10,000/year. That's like half of a new prius!

2) i've seen others complain/claim they are late on payouts. I can confirm that they are occasionally late on payouts. However, they occasionally pay in advance as well. For example, i had a payout date settlement on the 29th and received the transfer on the 22nd -- which was nice. I get paid via ach and live in the states -- which is why i think sometimes there are delays between "intermediaries". I saw michael (maybe someone else, can't remember) talking about them setting up a us payout processor to help fix the late payout issue. So, that should be nice.

3) conversion went up after switching from ccbill to zombaio -- it was marginal and may not be statistically significant. Around 3 - 4%. I had contacted ccbill previously about their ancient, 1999-looking payment pages but there wasn't too much they could do about that.

The only thing i'd like to see is better reporting options. For example, rebill retention rate. There's a retention rate statistic on the main dashboard but no explanation (that i'm aware of) as to how they calculate it or what it means.

You are one major ass kisser.

Eschaton 05-06-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOldPlayer (Post 20078250)

This was before they were having problems (at least for me). They'd be late on a payout or two, then I'd get multiple payouts. Sometimes I'd get payouts earlier than the settlement date. Now they're horrible, as everyone knows. Sorry, but is there something wrong with a good review when they deserve it and a bad when they deserve a bad one?

Gator 05-06-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOldPlayer (Post 20078250)

You are a major prick. Read the thread and check the date on the original post.

adultchatpay 05-06-2014 10:54 PM

It's nice to see some positive reviews about Zombaio.
But there are still some negative reviews though.

Klen 05-07-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmon (Post 20077711)
Getting this on my phone. Can't be good
The site's security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach www.zombaio.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Yep,that means they didnt renewed their SSL certificate,which cost like ....10$ monthly :1orglaugh

Eschaton 05-07-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 20078924)
Yep,that means they didnt renewed their SSL certificate,which cost like ....10$ monthly :1orglaugh

On their main site it shows up as a Rapid SSL certificate good through 2018.

rapidworkers 05-10-2014 12:10 AM

:upsidedow :upsidedow :upsidedow