GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Let's talk about death (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1193852)

baddog 04-22-2016 11:30 AM

Let's talk about death

Since there seems to be so much of it around lately; what are your thoughts? Does death in general scare you? Have you had anyone close to you die? Does your own demise scare you? What happens afterwards?

Discuss.

L-Pink 04-22-2016 11:39 AM

The way I see life is everyone is given a block of time to live. That block overlaps with those older/younger. When given the chance council those younger, be respectful of those older.

What you do with the block of life you are given is largely up to you. Don't waste it. Make YOURSELF proud of the way you spent it and die with a smile on your face remembering.

Make your only regret not having more time, not wishing you would have done things differently.

Live life perfectly and maybe you will be immortalized with your face on US currency.

http://i.imgur.com/vLveP0J.jpg

copyright: Cyberseo

SuckOnThis 04-22-2016 11:47 AM

https://2warpstoneptune.files.wordpr...ord-1968-1.jpg

poncabare 04-22-2016 11:47 AM

It didnt scare me before I had kids, but now it does.

Rochard 04-22-2016 11:49 AM

Death does not scare me at all. I don't think about it. I have already out lived my father; My father died when I was nine months old (thanks Obama). I am forty-seven years old now, in great health; Other than having my tonsils out about 12 years ago I've NEVER had any issues. I do not have any aches or pains, jog, bike, and play basketball nearly every day.

I do wonder about older people. My parents, for example, are all in their seventies. My mother mentioned to me the other day that she has "ten good years left" if she was "lucky". I couldn't imagine what that is feeling like knowing that you most likely have less than ten years to live. And my mother is not in the best of health; She's smoked all her life and coughs and hacks constantly.

Recently my best friend's mother passed away. Towards the end she couldn't get up to her bedroom upstairs, and was falling constantly. At that point she had to have known the end was going to be coming soon.

When I go out, I want to out quickly. I have life insurance, a will, and have already made my instructions very clear for when I die.

MaDalton 04-22-2016 11:49 AM

Rochard 04-22-2016 11:50 AM

Good topic Baddog.

CaptainHowdy 04-22-2016 11:54 AM

Unavoidable. Just that.

bronco67 04-22-2016 11:58 AM

You spend your time on the planet, as a walking, talking, self-important meatbag wrapped around a shit pipe, trying to enjoy life and maybe make a new one who will remember you into the future. Then your heart stops beating and there's nothing but total blackness and you no longer exist. Life goes on for maybe a few thousand (or hundred) more years, until inevitably planet Earth is either consumed by our own sun, or obliterated by a supernova --- rendering everything mankind has ever achieved or created erased in an instant.

As someone who doesn't follow any religious ideology, this is what I see as the truth of our existence. We're just a biological accident that sprouted up because the rock we're on was the correct distance from the sun and everything means nothing. Knowing this, I should just stop paying my pills, leave my wife and kid and spend the rest of my days in hedonistic pursuits...but I won't do that, nor will most men who believe the same things. Why is that? That's the real question.

Sometimes I envy religious people because they're at peace with an afterlife which doesn't exist.

If there was an afterlife, I would think of it as living a lifetime inside your mind during the moment before you brain finally shuts off -- kind of like that movie Jacob's Ladder, except hopefully without the freaky demons chasing me around.

Colmike9 04-22-2016 11:59 AM

Neil Degrassi Tyson says that it's a good chance that this is all just a simulation.....

But think about it, why would you be alive just right now? What happened the infinite amount of years before you were born, were you just dead until then? And if there's any kind of life after death, there won't be any sense of time, so it'll be instantly.

I have more to say, but I'm not high enough yet.. :pimp:

Quine 04-22-2016 12:00 PM

Very good question. I like the way Epicurus speaks of death:
http://classicalwisdom.com/wp-conten...uote-death.jpg

This feels comforting.

L-Pink 04-22-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco67 (Post 20852702)
You spend your time on the planet, as a walking, talking, self-important meatbag wrapped around a shit pipe, trying to enjoy life and maybe make a new one who will remember you into the future. Then your heart stops beating and there's nothing but total blackness and you no longer exist. Life goes on for maybe a few thousand (or hundred) more years, until inevitably planet Earth is either consumed by our own sun, or obliterated by a supernova --- rendering everything mankind has ever achieved or created erased in an instant.

As someone who doesn't follow any religious ideology, this is what I see as the truth of our existence. We're just a biological accident that sprouted up because the rock we're on was the correct distance from the sun and everything means nothing. Knowing this, I should just stop paying my pills, leave my wife and kid and spend the rest of my days in hedonistic pursuits...but I won't do that, nor will most men. Why is that? That's the real question.

You should get a job writing for Hallmark.

bronco67 04-22-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L-Pink (Post 20852717)
You should get a job writing for Hallmark.

I'm sure they would love the "meatbag wrapped around a shitpipe" line.

CaptainHowdy 04-22-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike7 (Post 20852708)
Neil Degrassi Tyson says that it's a good chance that this is all just a simulation.....

http://www.burmese-art.com/assets/uploads/nagarjuna.jpg

Spunky 04-22-2016 12:20 PM

When your number is up,its up. Can't worry about the inevitable

Relic 04-22-2016 12:27 PM

I try to live righteously and think dying is a small discomfort in a lifetime of fun.

BlackCrayon 04-22-2016 12:32 PM

dying young scares me. that i will leave my wife and kids behind and not be able to be there for them. i don't really think there is anything after this. i just hope i can live a long healthy life and see my kids grow up.

Jman 04-22-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quine (Post 20852714)
Very good question. I like the way Epicurus speaks of death:
http://classicalwisdom.com/wp-conten...uote-death.jpg

This feels comforting.

TOUCHÉ.... :thumbsup

lagwagon 04-22-2016 12:35 PM

I think death is a light switch. When you turn it off there is nothing. Freaky, but unavoidable...I hope there is something else, but I will not know until I flip that switch.

lagwagon 04-22-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 20852687)
Good topic Baddog.

Agreed, should be interesting to see what people have to say if they are giving real answers.

Mediamix 04-22-2016 01:15 PM

I really don't care if I die...

Colmike9 04-22-2016 01:20 PM

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...15316603_o.jpg

J. Falcon 04-22-2016 01:42 PM

I recently read a great book about death: Nothing to be Frightened of, by Julian Barnes. Highly recommended.

SilentKnight 04-22-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 20852768)
and think dying is a small discomfort in a lifetime of fun.

I truly hope you never have to witness a loved one die slowly from cancer or some other terminal condition.

"Small discomfort" are definitely two words that can't be used to describe that in relation to a "lifetime of fun."

just a punk 04-22-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 20852621)
Since there seems to be so much of it around lately; what are your thoughts? Does death in general scare you? Have you had anyone close to you die? Does your own demise scare you? What happens afterwards?

Nothing will happen afterwards. An endless dark sleep w/o dreams. Can this scare someone? I don't think so.

Sednub997 04-22-2016 02:50 PM

im still young and dont care.When i get old prob i will start thinking on this topic

Freedom6995 04-22-2016 03:54 PM

I've had the pleasure of contemplating my last moments in this body.

Live your life your way and damn anyone that tells you different...

astronaut x 04-22-2016 04:01 PM

Yesterday was quite a day for death.

Celebs. I woke up to find out someone I knew, shot a guy outside a bar about 20 mins after I left. Then, got a call last night...Grandma had just passed away. :( RIP sweet lady.

oppoten 04-22-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

But think about it, why would you be alive just right now? What happened the infinite amount of years before you were born, were you just dead until then?:

I've often wondered about this.

Not that I believe it's a simulation, but it definitely piques my curiosity...

Mr Pheer 04-22-2016 08:42 PM

I just hope its quick, painless, and with dignity. I'd hate to burn or be slowly crushed to death and shit my pants.

just a punk 04-23-2016 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer (Post 20853545)
I just hope its quick, painless, and with dignity. I'd hate to burn or be slowly crushed to death and shit my pants.

You're not alone :2 cents:

pimpmaster9000 04-23-2016 03:19 AM

death is the end of all your problems...

I have been near death many many times in training...getting chocked out and literally feeling my consciousness slip away from me...its is most apparent when a blood choke is applied like the triangle...you can breathe but you are still "dying"...I like to tap at the last possible moment, its very interesting what happens...also choking other people out and watching their face while they "turn off" is so strange...

I guess I have become acquainted with death through my training...I do not fear that what I know...

Barry-xlovecam 04-23-2016 03:54 AM

I woke up breathing :)

Today is a good day to die ...
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/today...ood_day_to_die

MiamiBoyz 04-23-2016 06:11 AM

When you die you are dead. End of story...no next chapter...your book is over.

In fact, it is burned as if it never existed.

The afterlife is simply a made up story for children. Adult should know better except fear and denial are powerful as most people lack the intellectual capacity to deal with the concept of nothing.

2MuchMark 04-23-2016 11:00 AM

A good friend of mine loves to be a buzzkill, and everyone once in a while he says "Every day, in every way, we die a little bit more". Fucking guy...

NatalieK 04-23-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 20852621)

Discuss.

You're certainly right with so many people dying lately! Although, we find, we all have someone either born, married or die around us in life :(

Only 3 things are definite, we're born, we live & we die, so no, I'm not scared, I just don't want to & have many things I need to do before I die :thumbsup

clickity click 04-23-2016 02:03 PM

I'm signed up for the cryogenics program so am not so worried about death. I expect to see the future sometime around 3000.

Google Expert 04-23-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

But think about it, why would you be alive just right now? What happened the infinite amount of years before you were born, were you just dead until then? And if there's any kind of life after death, there won't be any sense of time, so it'll be instantly.

I have more to say, but I'm not high enough yet.. :pimp:

When you consider the countless totally amazing things that exist in the universe, a random and completely meaningless evolution of life is not so impossible. Life just happened by chance like any other great cosmic event. It could disappear without a trace just as easily.

I think nothing much of life. We aren't a part of some grand design or plan.

brassmonkey 04-23-2016 03:03 PM

going to hell if there is one. i like warm beer anyway!

kane 04-23-2016 05:05 PM

I'm always amused by people who think they know for certain what happens after we die.

brassmonkey 04-23-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 20855237)
I'm always amused by people who think they know for certain what happens after we die.

amused?? none of the living know.

kane 04-23-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 20855246)
amused?? none of the living know.

Exactly. Until you die you don't know for sure what will happen, but there are always people who believe they have it all figured out and know for certain, even though there is no way for them to know.

noshit 04-23-2016 06:21 PM

When you're dead you're dead. Just like when you are hot you're cold. Get over it

brassmonkey 04-23-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 20855273)
Exactly. Until you die you don't know for sure what will happen, but there are always people who believe they have it all figured out and know for certain, even though there is no way for them to know.

who knows they could be right :2 cents::2 cents:

kane 04-23-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 20855333)
who knows they could be right :2 cents::2 cents:

They very well could be, but we can't know for sure. That is my point. Until we die, we don't really know what happens.