GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Webmaster Q & Fuckin' A (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Business Visitor and onclick popup's don't make sense? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1204564)

MrBeavis 06-28-2016 07:34 AM

Visitor and onclick popup's don't make sense?

Hi,

When you have 400 unique visitors a day and a onclick popup, would it be possible to have 35 hits a day for the popup? I don't understand it.
The bounce rate is very low, so most visitors click to get to other pages.
Then how is it possible to get 35 hits with 400 unique visitors?
The onclick popup works for every device, including smartphones and tablets.

MrBeavis

ottopottomouse 06-28-2016 08:24 AM

Adblock.

MrBeavis 06-28-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottopottomouse (Post 20993281)
Adblock.

That sounds like a possibility, but even if 50% of the visitors would have an adblocker.
That would be 200 without one. If 100 visitors of those 200 would click, I would have a 100 onclick popup's, not 35.

Going to ask visitors very kindly to turn of there adblocker or just too f@ckoff, I forgot about doing that. So, thanks for mentioning it! :thumbsup

RachelBlackG 06-28-2016 09:48 AM

you probably don't sell much of your traffic... some ad partners don't buy it all... try different one and you will see... stats may differ a lot

MrBeavis 06-28-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelBlackG (Post 20993431)
you probably don't sell much of your traffic... some ad partners don't buy it all... try different one and you will see... stats may differ a lot

I am using the partner program of chaturbate.com
Other do not seem to have the problem so I wonder what is going on.

j3rkules 06-28-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeavis (Post 20993317)
That sounds like a possibility, but even if 50% of the visitors would have an adblocker.
That would be 200 without one. If 100 visitors of those 200 would click, I would have a 100 onclick popup's, not 35.

Going to ask visitors very kindly to turn of there adblocker or just too f@ckoff, I forgot about doing that. So, thanks for mentioning it! :thumbsup

People will not turn off the adblocker, but you can "bypass" them by adding some text links or banners hosted on your server, but you have to use cloak affiliate links plugins for that if you do not want to do it manually.

MrBeavis 06-28-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerkules (Post 20993665)
People will not turn off the adblocker, but you can "bypass" them by adding some text links or banners hosted on your server, but you have to use cloak affiliate links plugins for that if you do not want to do it manually.

Funny you mention that, I tested that this afternoon on one of my non adult websites.
A GoPro affiliate webshop. Cloaking links works great.
I will do that with the chaturbate links.

But I don't understand why chaturbate on click popups are so low, while traffic is much higher. I will contact chaturbate and ask them whats going on.

MrBeavis 06-29-2016 04:28 PM

WTF? It's getting even worse.
I am using affiliate link cloaks, all the banners are online with all known adblockers I can find, no problems.
It's not an adblocker problem. :P

Does anyone have any idea why the visitor click ratio is so f*cked up?

@Edit, today I had 550 unique visitors and 23 clicks.... Whats going wrong?

Creatine 06-29-2016 05:06 PM

Do your pop ups show up every time you click no matter what? Because some networks make it so it shows up once every 4 hours etc so that could be why.

Or maybe you get a lot of bot traffi. Which the ad networks so not count but your analytics does.

MrBeavis 07-01-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creatine (Post 20997112)
Do your pop ups show up every time you click no matter what? Because some networks make it so it shows up once every 4 hours etc so that could be why.

Or maybe you get a lot of bot traffi. Which the ad networks so not count but your analytics does.

No, popups show up once, only if someone clicks.
From what I can see their is no bot traffic. Just some people looking for dirty stuff. :jerkoff

Have a nice weekend. :stoned