GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What do good Affiliate Managers do? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1212805)

DrJsn 08-19-2016 09:21 AM

What do good Affiliate Managers do?

What are some things that a good affiliate manager will do for their affiliates? What is the difference between a good AM and a bad AM?

Google Expert 08-19-2016 09:26 AM

scrape google for top results then spam website owners to join their program under their aff code, claiming their aff program does much better that whatever program the webmaster is promoting on his site

BigFurry 08-19-2016 09:30 AM

Reply to messages quickly, and try to get things done that affiliates ask for.

Follow up on things.

Have a little tech background, and/or have a developer/admin sitting next to them, who has the affiliate related tasks as a priority.

Mediamix 08-19-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJsn (Post 21111730)
What are some things that a good affiliate manager will do for their affiliates?

They make affiliates happy by providing good information and help increasing their earnings... :2 cents:

CourtneyR_FFN 08-19-2016 09:53 AM

Being proactive. When they see something that could become an issue for the affiliate, they reach out instead of waiting on the affiliate complaining.

Following up on issues & seeing them though till their resolved.

Reaching out to affiliates when you see room for improvements in their campaigns & assisting in increasing their revenue.

Adraco 08-19-2016 09:54 AM

No one can do everything. Not even affiliates.

But many can do much more, with just a little bit of help.
Some of my best programs, have offered, for example,
small programming help, I got 2 hours help from one of their programmers to fix an issue.
small customisation, a designer made few banners for me.
showing total numbers, helping me choose which tour to use by showing the NATS total numbers.

Rochard 08-19-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFurry (Post 21111760)
Reply to messages quickly, and try to get things done that affiliates ask for.

Follow up on things.

Have a little tech background, and/or have a developer/admin sitting next to them, who has the affiliate related tasks as a priority.

This is perfect..... There is nothing worse then when you want help and cannot reach someone.

I run YNOT Mail and at 5am this morning I had to jump on Skype for a conference call with Hong Kong.

CPA-Rush 08-19-2016 10:18 AM

do nothing , just take weed

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gpVaXRSxA6...E%9D%CE%91.jpg

and watch u send traffic .

Adnium_Ivana 08-19-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

What are some things that a good affiliate manager will do for their affiliates? What is the difference between a good AM and a bad AM?

Helping new affiliates with their network's platform; suggest new ways on bidding on traffic in order to retain the affiliate AND make him/her money; transparency when it comes to traffic sources/lack of profit; be honest about which of their sites don't have good traffic and suggest better traffic sources in their system :)

DrJsn 08-19-2016 04:26 PM

Thanks thats good to know. I guess there is a big difference, most AM i've seen don't do anything and barely respond. But there are a small few who seem to be on top of shit and helpful.

NatalieK 08-19-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

as some have said, service, 24/7 replies to giving what the affiliate wants & give them plenty to use for their needs.

I update daily but lacking gifs & tube friendly clips, but here 24/7 for those that want this or anything, just talk by email or phone, skype, what ever is needed.

I think personal capture is everything & either my partner or I am available for skype conversation to give the webmaster, that's the sales person what they need, when they need it :thumbsup

jollyhumper 08-19-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

What are some things that a good affiliate manager will do for their affiliates?

suck dick?

Jolly

Phoenix 08-19-2016 07:50 PM

Depends on what you need.
Some affiliates need very little time. Some want to discuss everything.
Some want to go drinking in far off countries and for someone to remind them to do an oil check...lol

Some want to discuss every offer and traffic source nd types of landing pages. Some just want to know there is a human they are working with and can reach out to if something happens.

I suggest maintaining a good rapport with your rep as if something happens and you accidentally break the rules or make a mistake and have zero rapport. Then you are just some unknown who looks like they go around doing bad stuff.

Making relationships with where you derive your income is just common sense.

Phoenix 08-19-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib (Post 21111745)
scrape google for top results then spam website owners to join their program under their aff code, claiming their aff program does much better that whatever program the webmaster is promoting on his site

This:).......

SBJ 08-19-2016 08:45 PM

buy shots?
http://silentbucks.com/images/shots-4-all.jpg

j3rkules 08-20-2016 06:30 AM

Definitely being helpful for new affiliates and quick replying.

Tjeezers 08-20-2016 05:21 PM

replying and actually being involved with the progress.
And being there when they need someone to talk too.

incredibleworkethic 08-20-2016 10:06 PM

Lars from awempire has been fantastic. Be him. :)

baddog 08-20-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 21111838)
This is perfect..... There is nothing worse then when you want help and cannot reach someone.

I run YNOT Mail and at 5am this morning I had to jump on Skype for a conference call with Hong Kong.

I will say I have heard good things about you there

Caitlin BongaCash 08-22-2016 10:09 AM

I and all our BongaCash support team guys really cares about our affiliates and their problems. May be it looks like pathos words, but this is pleasure for me to feel, that I can help :)

TheDynasty 08-22-2016 10:25 AM

Always there for the Affiliate

Marshal 08-22-2016 04:46 PM

It's simple as that - just reply to all the emails of affiliates in timely manner. Unfortunatelly most of the affiliate managers are not replying at all.

Forkbeard 08-23-2016 04:58 AM

When payments have gone missing because the accountant is treating affiliate payments as optional "pay last" to get through times of low cash flow, a good affiliate manager can get you paid even while all the minimum-payout schlubs who haven't noticed missing checks yet remain unpaid.

I wish I was even kidding.

DrJsn 08-24-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forkbeard (Post 21118726)
When payments have gone missing because the accountant is treating affiliate payments as optional "pay last" to get through times of low cash flow, a good affiliate manager can get you paid even while all the minimum-payout schlubs who haven't noticed missing checks yet remain unpaid.

I wish I was even kidding.

Ya that would definitely be a huge bonus.

Do you guys notice any difference between adult AM's and AM's from mainstream-only Networks? If your unhappy with your AM is it possible to get switched to a different one?

Relic 08-25-2016 01:15 AM

Pursue and persist the talent.

Klen 08-25-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshal (Post 21118057)
It's simple as that - just reply to all the emails of affiliates in timely manner. Unfortunatelly most of the affiliate managers are not replying at all.

Yeah which makes me wonder for what exactly they are paid for.

NatalieK 08-25-2016 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBJ (Post 21113068)

this is a pretty cool payout for an affiliate manager, congratulations SBJ!

If we made it big, or maybe if we make it big, we want to give large donations to charities, at present couldn't even contemplate this, but we keep working to make more success. Maybe one day :2 cents:

CaptainHowdy 08-25-2016 05:02 AM

The flirty female affiliate managers were embarrassing ...

BoomBoomBenoit 08-25-2016 09:02 AM

I don't know if I qualify as a good account manager but I keep skype running on my phone 24/7 and carry one of those portable chargers so no matter where I am or what time it is, I can respond.

Affiliates work all hours, day or night, weekday or weekend. So we need to as well. Account managers aren't bankers! We should be available when affiliates want to do business - not just when we're in the office.

Don't believe me? Hit me up on skype at 10pm and let's do some business :thumbsup

Supr7 08-25-2016 09:32 AM

Keep up to date with marketing techniques, i had one suggest me to do something that stopped working in 2004.

SBJ 08-25-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supr7 (Post 21123622)
Keep up to date with marketing techniques, i had one suggest me to do something that stopped working in 2004.

check out our sweet POTDs bro :thumbsup

Colmike9 08-25-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 21122758)
Yeah which makes me wonder for what exactly they are paid for.

To tell you how awesome their program is whenever possible? Like right now.. :upsidedow
See sig for awesome dating programs to make lots of money with. :2 cents:

Colmike9 08-25-2016 04:19 PM

Also some of us are here to help out with setting things up, working with each other to optimize things and make more money, coming up with fun new ideas to make money, for helping to learn how to optimize dating traffic, meet up in fun parts of the world sometimes, fixing anything technical that needs done, and anything else that's dating and making money related.. :upsidedow

poncabare 08-25-2016 04:44 PM

attention to detail

xXXtesy10 08-25-2016 04:44 PM

LeRoy 08-26-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib (Post 21111745)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 21112978)
This:).......

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh