GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Amazon buys Whole Foods (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1267837)

C H R I S 06-16-2017 10:10 AM

Amazon buys Whole Foods

Now that they've obliterated many retail outlets, what the heck lets do brick and mortar retail:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/b...l?mcubz=1&_r=0

Only 13.4 Billion...:1orglaugh

CaptainHowdy 06-16-2017 10:13 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODU5WDEwMj...UTQoO/$_35.JPG

Bladewire 06-16-2017 10:24 AM

I've been using Amazon Prime NOW over a year now for groceries. 2 hour free delivery to my door & cheaper than the store, including tip.

Whole Foods is overpriced with a lot of feaux processed "health foods" let's hope Amazon changes that :2 cents:

C H R I S 06-16-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21837796)
I've been using Amazon Prime NOW over a year now for groceries. 2 hour free delivery to my door & cheaper than the store, including tip.

Whole Foods is overpriced with a lot of feaux processed "health foods" let's hope Amazon changes that :2 cents:

Why would they change that, Amazon offers everything including processed foods. Whole foods is not a health food store but a "Gourmet" store charging premium for the shopping experience. Who else could get away with "asparagus water" for $8.00?

Sid70 06-16-2017 10:42 AM

Internetz takes over the world. Another time. We're fucked.

Bladewire 06-16-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C H R I S (Post 21837835)
Why would they change that, Amazon offers everything including processed foods. Whole foods is not a health food store but a "Gourmet" store charging premium for the shopping experience. Who else could get away with "asparagus water" for $8.00?

"Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we?re all about. Oh yeah, we?re a mission-driven company too. "

Company Info | Whole Foods Market

Not a big deal I stopped shopping at whole foods a while ago but will take a look again after Amazon takes full control just to see if there's any difference.

Oddly Amazon Prime NOW has mostly organic food and free range, now I see the connection with the whole foods mission. The organic theme is likely just a front to make more profit.

beerptrol 06-16-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21837796)

I use Jet.com for my cold groceries as amazon doesn't have 2 hr delivery here!

Rochard 06-16-2017 01:05 PM

This is huge. Trust me the large grocery chains are shaking in their boots today.

We've known for a while they have been looking into opening up local stores and their is their way in....

SpicyM 06-16-2017 02:27 PM

I want to pick everything personally and not let other person do that. Don't care about food delivery, fuck it.

Bladewire 06-16-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpicyM (Post 21838162)
I want to pick everything personally and not let other person do that. Don't care about food delivery, fuck it.

The cool thing about Amazon Prime NOW, aside from 1-2 hour free delivery and seeing where the driver is real time on the map, is if you get anything you aren't satisfied with you click "return" next to the item and they come back within 1-2 hours and replace it free, or refund you.

There's also Amazon FRESH which is an extended Amazon Prime NOW service, it's only food thought, unlike Amazon Prime NOW where you get food, meat, and mist stuff a on Amazon.com except for huge items, all delivered within 1-2 hours free.

RyuLion 06-16-2017 02:36 PM

Nice, gratz to them..

Bladewire 06-16-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 21838093)
This is huge. Trust me the large grocery chains are shaking in their boots today.

We've known for a while they have been looking into opening up local stores and their is their way in....

Free grocery delivery :banana They will crush most local stores. They'll be like the Walmart of groceries :2 cents:

It's interesting logging on and off the Amazon Prime NOW app and seeing how often items in your cart are raised and lowered.

kane 06-16-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 21838093)

Yep, Amazon has been experimenting with grocery stores that have few or no workers in them. Once they perfect the model they can now roll it out around the globe in Whole Foods.

TheDynasty 06-16-2017 08:56 PM

did you guys read the twitter comments LOL

brassmonkey 06-16-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerptrol (Post 21837928)
I use Jet.com for my cold groceries as amazon doesn't have 2 hr delivery here!

walmart bought them :(

Spunky 06-16-2017 10:16 PM

Huge gamble with too much competition , I think they just pissed away billions. I want to be able to pick my food, convenience or not

SpicyM 06-19-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunky (Post 21838843)
Huge gamble with too much competition , I think they just pissed away billions. I want to be able to pick my food, convenience or not

Same here.. no need to have groceries delivered, thats for fat lazy asses. Watching the supermarkets constantly full of people here .. I know most prefer it this way.

Fuck Amazon, they are just resellers and their site is fugly.

CAHEK 06-19-2017 03:49 PM

Whole Foods is overpriced food, its just ridiculous from my opinion.

Bladewire 06-19-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAHEK (Post 21843073)
Whole Foods is overpriced food, its just ridiculous from my opinion.

Amazon just acuired a customer base that overpays. Good business :2 cents:

Bladewire 06-19-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpicyM (Post 21842359)
Same here.. no need to have groceries delivered, thats for fat lazy asses.

That's incorrect SpicyM

I live by the ocean and don't need to drive 40 minutes or more total to go to a decent grocery store that doesn't charge almost double for everything because of my location, and has a shit selection of produce and most other items.

kane 06-19-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 21843121)
Amazon just acuired a customer base that overpays. Good business :2 cents:

Exactly.

I used to think Amazon was mostly interested in ruling the internet. Now I realize they want to take Walmart down.