GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   GFY Jobs and Services Market (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Hiring WordPress Plugin Coder or Editor (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1274302)

HairyChick 08-03-2017 05:23 PM

WordPress Plugin Coder or Editor

i need a plugin adapted to my needs. I had one written for me but I neglected to clearly state one thing I need.

The plugin imports txt files in a certain directory to another directory. From there I need it to post each txt file to Wordpress as a DRAFT.

I have someone kindly helping me by converting huge text files into individual txt files. He then ftps the txt files into the folder specified in the plugin. But the plugin doesn't upload to Wordpress and save as draft.

I thought I'd have to copy and paste each txt file as draft, but with nearly nine hundred posts needing to be edited, I tossed that thought. Then it occurred to me that adapting the plugin by adding a few lines of code could simplify this for me. I no longer code but I think adding the following would work

1. I use the plugin to import GFY.txt to the content directory
2. It saves it as GFY.html
3. It saves GFY.html as " draft"
4. I go to Posts, Drafts, click GFY.html
5. I edit the file, rename or save.

If you have the capability to edit and add code and you aren't looking for megabucks, send me a private message. You'll get credit via link at the bottom of every page. Is free advertising forever worth an hour or two of your time? (pleading look, sad eyes, a weak smile and your coding skills in my signature on forums).

Thanks for reading. Better than a Trump post, huh?!?!

HairyChick 08-04-2017 07:44 PM

Ignore. Figured out how to do this easily

phpPinoyprogrammer 08-10-2017 04:03 AM

Good for you. In-case, you still want it done the way you mentioned early on, i got a plugin that I can tweak. Good luck :)

HairyChick 08-10-2017 05:26 PM

I have it figured out but can't do it. I can't ftp any files over because a) the iPad doesn't allow you to choose directories and b) my laptop would work IF I could find the files in my mail programs. I tried but accidentally deleted files from Program Files. I've not been back to use it. My copy of Windows 7 CD is packed as I'm moving in a few weeks. I upgraded to 10 but I know it's not enough.

Dell won't help by loaning me a copy of 7. I only deleted part of the first folder that had 1,000+ files. But my luck, I fucked it up big time. So, I'm stuck right now. I also deleted by accident many of my 900 txt files. I emailed the guy who kindly worked on them but no answer.

HairyChick 08-14-2017 05:31 PM

Still not completed. I bought a plugin to import the zip files but the files are still in email. Somehow I have to zip up the txt files-- I have apps for iPad and am looking for programs for Windows-- and import.

Researching programs and ways to do this.