GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do you want to know how great things used to be? (pic) (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1275508)

notinmybackyard 08-12-2017 07:20 AM

Do you want to know how great things used to be? (pic)

Coin operated gas pumps! Yes Gas Was That Cheap!

http://i.imgur.com/ZKyDeee.jpg

EddyTheDog 08-12-2017 07:28 AM

You should be in Europe - They have financial experts on hand so you can remortgage your house...

Grapesoda 08-12-2017 07:38 AM

$0.28 per gal when I started driving

Barry-xlovecam 08-12-2017 07:40 AM

Welcome to 2017

I remember filling up our 1964 Ford Fail-Lane with my dad @ $0.19 /gallon during the gas wars.

2MuchMark 08-12-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21948349)

Except that it wasn't really that cheap.

Cars like that used alot more gasoline to get from here to there. The lead in the gasoline was choking the world, and there have been at least 5 wars fought over oil. The hidden costs let you pay pennies at the pump, while the rest of the world paid with extreme pollution and death.

Dreaming for the days of old may give you a warm-fuzzy, but you're lying to yourself if you think those days were better than today.

notinmybackyard 08-12-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchMark (Post 21948400)

Cars like that used alot more gasoline to get from here to there. The lead in the gasoline was choking the world, and there have been at least 5 wars fought over oil. The hidden costs let you pay pennies at the pump, while the rest of the world paid with extreme pollution and death.

Dreaming for the days of old may give you a warm-fuzzy, but you're lying to yourself if you think those days were better than today.

Oh go play with your ecosexual faggots! You know absolutely fuck all about that era because you hadn't even evolved into a sperm inside your father's testicles back then.

slapass 08-12-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Inflation adjusted, the price of gas is very close to its historical average right now. Add in that the car in the picture was a piece of shit..

Barry-xlovecam 08-12-2017 09:25 AM

Those cars cost like $3,200.00 same car today $28,000 maybe.
Granted, the cars rusted out in 3 years LOL that '64 ford had holes in the rear floor boards by 1966. MAGA (again) ROFLMAO

notinmybackyard 08-12-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam (Post 21948571)
Granted, the cars rusted out in 3 years LOL that '64 ford had holes in the rear floor boards by 1966. MAGA (again) ROFLMAO

I paid $50 for my first car. I bought it in the late 50s but the car was 3 years old and had only 15k miles.

There was no rust... no holes... the engine was 100% user serviceable... I could lay down in the back seat and stretch out

I didn't need to have insurance... Sand was used in winter instead of salt... etc etc

Here's some more horror for you,
In 1965 I bought my first house for apx $9k and managed to pay it off within 3 years.

EddyTheDog 08-12-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21948637)
I paid $50 for my first car. I bought it in the late 50s but the car was 3 years old and had only 15k miles.

There was no rust... no holes... the engine was 100% user serviceable... I could lay down in the back seat and stretch out

I didn't need to have insurance... Sand was used in winter instead of salt... etc etc

In 1965 I bought my first house for apx $9k and managed to pay it off within 3 years.

Damn - You are even older than me...

Grapesoda 08-12-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

you're a total buzz kill are 't ya?

MiamiBoyz 08-13-2017 02:26 AM

http://68.media.tumblr.com/60aa87a07...w8go1_1280.jpg

notinmybackyard 08-13-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 21948784)
you're a total buzz kill are 't ya?

I've got a bag of pot seeds from the 1960s. I'd love to plant them but I've been clean and sober for several decades and that includes pot. Plus my tomato plants take up most of my garden.

Bladewire 08-13-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21948502)
Oh go play with your ecosexual faggots! You know absolutely fuck all about that era because you hadn't even evolved into a sperm inside your father's testicles back then.

Everyday, when your mother shit, she wished she had aborted you. Just kill yourself already you fucking loose ass diseased worthless cunt.

Bladewire 08-13-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21951448)
I've got a bag of pot seeds from the 1960s. I'd love to plant them but I've been clean and sober for several decades and that includes pot. Plus my tomato plants take up most of my garden.

The only thing you grow is AIDS in your ass you fucking liar :321GFY

Smack dat 08-13-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Plant the pot seeds close to the tomato seeds next year and you may end up with tompotto.

Sweet and delicious tomatoes with the added benefit of a mellow moment.

baddog 08-13-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam (Post 21948571)

Cars don't rust out in places like California, Arizona, Nevada . . .

Quote:

Send them to me, I will germinate them and see what happens.

notinmybackyard 08-13-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21951559)
Cars don't rust out in places like California, Arizona, Nevada . . .

Cars, like everything else in this world, will last if you take care of them.

Where I live every winter they dump tons of salt on the roads but my cars last because I do the required maintenance and repairs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21951559)
Send them to me, I will germinate them and see what happens.

Take a number because I've already gotten several messages :1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

slapass 08-13-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21948637)

I bet it went another two years before crapping out. Cars today are so much better and I think that is beyond debate.

oppoten 08-13-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

^ instinctively recognized the implicit whiteness in the pic, and narrative'd accordingly

notinmybackyard 08-13-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapass (Post 21951577)
I bet it went another two years before crapping out. Cars today are so much better and I think that is beyond debate.

Nice try little one.

It was a 1956 Studebaker and I sold it in spring of 75 and if I remember I had racked up more than 500k miles on it. The interior was a little more than worn but the body and engine were still going strong. Albeit it could have used a new paint job.

Now you can go back with all those idiotic geeks that worship the plastic god. You probably can't even change your own oil and one of these twits that wouldn't be able to parallel park even if your life depended on it.

ianmoone332000 08-13-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyTheDog (Post 21948649)
Damn - You are even older than me...

No offence or anything but i always wondered why you had a profile picture of the UK politician Ed Balls?

slapass 08-13-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21951670)
Nice try little one.

It was a 1956 Studebaker and I sold it in spring of 75 and if I remember I had racked up more than 500k miles on it. The interior was a little more than worn but the body and engine were still going strong. Albeit it could have used a new paint job.

Now you can go back with all those idiotic geeks that worship the plastic god. You probably can't even change your own oil and one of these twits that wouldn't be able to parallel park even if your life depended on it.

I owned pieces,of shot like you are talking about. I have changed a transmission and done all of that stupid shit we pretty much no longer have to do.

slapass 08-13-2017 07:00 PM

You can pretend all you want. The old days were fucking hell.

notinmybackyard 08-13-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapass (Post 21951835)
I owned pieces,of shot like you are talking about. I have changed a transmission and done all of that stupid shit we pretty much no longer have to do.

Changing an automatic transmission on pretty much any car built prior to 1985 isn't all that hard. But on the other hand rebuilding one or redesigning the gear ratios takes craftsmanship.

As for "Not" having to repair modern vehicles that's just pure bullshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapass (Post 21951844)
You can pretend all you want. The old days were fucking hell.

I was there....On the other hand YOU WERE NOT. So you don't know fuck all about what you're talking about.

But rest assure that there was the same disproportionate amount of morons that didn't know how to wipe their own asses and whined about everything including having to exercise a little responsibility for the things in their lives.

You can say whatever you want about the past but I assure you it was a paradise compared to today because if for no other reason was that back in my day morons usually ended up proving Darwin was right. -- So take notice of how old I am.

slapass 08-13-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notinmybackyard (Post 21951955)
Changing an automatic transmission on pretty much any car built prior to 1985 isn't all that hard. But on the other hand rebuilding one or redesigning the gear ratios takes craftsmanship.

As for "Not" having to repair modern vehicles that's just pure bullshit.

I was there....On the other hand YOU WERE NOT. So you don't know fuck all about what you're talking about.

But rest assure that there was the same disproportionate amount of morons that didn't know how to wipe their own asses and whined about everything including having to exercise a little responsibility for the things in their lives.

You can say whatever you want about the past but I assure you it was a paradise compared to today because if for no other reason was that back in my day morons usually ended up proving Darwin was right. -- So take notice of how old I am.

I am a lot older then you think. All the old guys wish the clock was turned back because they are lost in this world. I think it is sad they have to pretend those were great times. Peodpphiles were allowed to operate without issues. Wife and child abuse were ignored. It was seriously fucked up as a rule.

bronco67 08-13-2017 08:33 PM

If you jump into the Grand Canyon there's a wormhole at the bottom which spits you out in whatever time you thought was the greatest in your life, so you can experience the greatness again as an older, wiser person. In your case, only older.

RedFred 08-13-2017 08:42 PM

The funniest thing about this is idiots who think 50 year old pot seeds will germinate.

oppoten 08-13-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco67 (Post 21951976)
If you jump into the Grand Canyon there's a wormhole at the bottom which spits you out in whatever time you thought was the greatest in your life, so you can experience the greatness again as an older, wiser person. In your case, only older.

TheDynasty 08-13-2017 08:54 PM

not feeling so old after this thread lol

bronco67 08-13-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Remember when the gas pump was beaver pelt operated?

Spunky 08-13-2017 09:42 PM

Most people on here never had to live without the internet. They couldn't survive if they had to live off their hands

Paul Markham 08-14-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Stop introducing reality into a fantasy post. :1orglaugh