GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What is the cheapest way to have access to the internet (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1291146)

Steve Rupe 01-10-2018 12:41 AM

What is the cheapest way to have access to the internet

any where you may be? In the boonies, on the road etc.

dillfly2000 01-10-2018 02:33 AM

cell phone, tether. Or do you mean cheap as in free?

CurrentlySober 01-10-2018 07:04 AM

Login to a neighbours wifi - I haven't paid for the internet for the last 6 years... :2 cents:

Just make an excuse to get into their house, and make a note of the password that's written on a sticker on the bottom of their router... Simples...

Steve Rupe 01-10-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillfly2000 (Post 22157247)

Know, not cheap as in free. There are devices or programs for people that travel in motor homes/ocean going boats to have access to the internet basically where ever they go. Traveling down the road or camped out in the boonies or mid ocean.

I want to know what are the cheapest yet reliable connections/devices that will provide constant availability to the internet.

crockett 01-10-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillfly2000 (Post 22157247)

This.. I travel all over the country using a cell phone data plan with some Wi-Fi use. I use my cell as a hotspot for my tablet and laptop.

Steve Rupe 01-10-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22157796)
This.. I travel all over the country using a cell phone data plan with some Wi-Fi use. I use my cell as a hotspot for my tablet and laptop.

I don't want to access by phone but by computer and wifi. Do you have a source/provider to recommend?

mikesouth 01-10-2018 02:58 PM

as bad as I HATE comcast they do have decent wifi coverage in all the areas they service Ive used it many many times with no problems

AdultKing 01-10-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Rupe (Post 22157790)
There are devices or programs for people that travel in motor homes/ocean going boats to have access to the internet basically where ever they go. Traveling down the road or camped out in the boonies or mid ocean.

I want to know what are the cheapest yet reliable connections/devices that will provide constant availability to the internet.

Satellite is expensive. The only truly mobile Internet is via Satellite unless you restrict yourself to areas with mobile coverage. There are some parts of Australia where you could drive for two days and never see a mobile phone signal.

We have fixed mobile and landline Internet in our tiny little town but you don't have to drive far (10 mins) before the only coverage you'll get is via Satellite.

The lowest cost Satellite option in Australia is Thuraya, it's what I use and provides a decent connection and is available everywhere.

Thuraya | Mobile Satellite Communications Company

Usually Thuraya is resold by Satellite or Mobile phone providers in your own country.

INever 01-11-2018 01:46 AM

Best is to hotspot your phone if you have cell service. That or a neighbor's open connection. Or cafe. We're not living in Utopia. It costs.

RyuLion 01-11-2018 12:30 PM

Lots of places have wifi nowadays.. Don't be surprised if the signal drops a lot, you get what you paid for..

GFED 01-11-2018 12:46 PM

The best solution I could find is T-mobile's unlimited plan with International plus (gives you unlimited tethering) otherwise you're limited by most carriers only 10-15GB of data. They still "deprioritize" you after 50GB but I see most carriers do this as well at around 25GB.

Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I'm at 60+ gigs right now for this cycle that doesn't reset until the 23rd. It's fast enough to do stock trading and basic shit but that's about it. I also have their cell booster that will amplify the signal as long as you can get at least one bar.

Busty2 01-11-2018 01:38 PM

Wi fi is free at all Starbucks and Barns & Nobles you can even sit outside in the parking lot so that you dont have to buy anything and still get resonable connection speeds :2 cents: