GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   LOL..!! AMAZINGLY This Popular DATING SITE Says In It's Terms They Use FAKE PROFILES..!!! (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1294533)

JohnnyNight 02-14-2018 03:58 PM

LOL..!! AMAZINGLY This Popular DATING SITE Says In It's Terms They Use FAKE PROFILES..!!!

:1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

NOW DON'T THIS BEAT ALL...!!! :pimp

xsocial.com

xSocial - Spice up your life with a discreet encounter!

6. In order to enhance your amusement experience, to stimulate you and others to use our Services more extensively, and to generally sprinkle some sparkle and excitement into the Services of XSOCIAL.COM, we may post fictitious profiles, generate or respond to communications by means of automated programs or scripts that simulate or attempt to simulate your intercommunication with another real human being (though none really exists and any dialog is generated by programming), and we may employ or contract for the paid services of real persons who may interact with you as part of their compensated employment. While these communications may seem genuine, authentic, and personal, they may be broadcast simultaneously to a large number of persons and possess none of these qualities. While their contents may appear to be true, they may be quite false; while their contents may appear to sincere, they may be quite disingenuous. Sometimes, we may use these techniques or others like them for other business purposes, too, including, but not limited to those cases in which we monitor and/or investigate into operations, including but not limited to allegations that you or others have violated this Agreement.

:1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh

Lord Have Mercy...!!!

InfoGuy 02-14-2018 04:55 PM

Nothing new here, business as usual.

vending_machine 02-14-2018 05:11 PM

Most adult dating sites operate like that these days. A big UK dating company got a big fine from the feds maybe 5 years ago and I think that's the result of that case.

CaptainHowdy 02-14-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfoGuy (Post 22204591)

:2 cents: ...

beerptrol 02-14-2018 05:17 PM

Your fake nic should fit in well there

JohnnyNight 02-14-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfoGuy (Post 22204591)

I don't know about you... But actually saying in your terms you use fake profiles is new to me..

Are you saying most sites admit to fake profiles in their terms..??

That would be a shock to me...

JohnnyNight 02-14-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerptrol (Post 22204621)
Your fake nic should fit in well there

LOL..!!

I the ONE and ONLY...!! :pimp

People say the real U fake..!!

Speigelau 02-14-2018 05:57 PM

Sounds like Johnny had a bad dating experience recently, please tell us more Johnny.

InfoGuy 02-14-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyNight (Post 22204651)
I don't know about you... But actually saying in your terms you use fake profiles is new to me..

Are you saying most sites admit to fake profiles in their terms..??

That would be a shock to me...

If you want to see how common this practice is among dating sites, then just do a search for chat bots and online dating.

The vast majority of users do not read the Terms of Use/Service, so putting it in writing offers legal protection, while sales are minimally impacted. Not every company or site will do this, but those who properly manage their risk do.

Colmike9 02-14-2018 09:10 PM

Even Tinder uses fake profiles..

j3rkules 02-15-2018 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vending_machine (Post 22204611)
Most adult dating sites operate like that these days.

This is correct. It is just that 99% of people do not read what they sign up for.

pimpmaster9000 02-15-2018 01:55 AM

the problem with dating sites:

it approaches dating fundamentally wrong...the huge disproportion of real male vs real female profiles is because dating sites and the entire concept of online dating was made by people who do not understand women...so fake female profiles have become a necessity...

there is a huge reason women will not sign up readily to dating sites and it is not because they get hit on anyway...

-dating sites were made and coded by people who do not understand this: webmasters
-women will not admit to having this flaw and/or they are not aware

+ the actual solution to the problem is less attractive to webmasters because its less attractive for promotion

I aint saying what it is but its pretty easy and I am stunned people do not see it...

InfoGuy 02-15-2018 04:35 AM

An attractive female friend said she gave up using mainstream (not hookup) dating sites because about 4 out of 10 losers she went on dates with either couldn't pay the bill or expected her to pay her own way.

Klen 02-15-2018 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike7 (Post 22204889)
Even Tinder uses fake profiles..

Yes but it's not operated by tinder, it's operated by affiliates running cam links :upsidedow

CurrentlySober 02-15-2018 05:32 AM

i cunt a4d a fake dating profile... :(

CurrentlySober 02-15-2018 05:59 AM

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised that you are surprised. At least they are being honest about it - Fair play to them

J. Falcon 02-15-2018 06:13 AM

He's not surprised by the use of fake profiles, only that they admit it so openly.

SpicyM 02-15-2018 08:53 AM

They all do this. Most dating sites = scam.

Colmike9 02-15-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 22205171)
Yes but it's not operated by tinder, it's operated by affiliates running cam links :upsidedow

It helps Tinder out, too. More fake profiles = more swipes wasted and closer for the user to get frustrated on using all of their swipes and paying for a full membership. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it themselves, too, lots of scraped pics from Instagram :upsidedow