GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   modern cars (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1295381)

Grapesoda 02-24-2018 10:53 AM

modern cars

I love the techy stuff.. I can find an addy at home on my work machine, and then send the addy to my car nav... ready to go when :thumbsup

you do that stuff? there is a way to read text on my nav

NatalieK 02-24-2018 02:43 PM

this is where tech is great. always "for and against" with modern society.

I´m amazed when we go out to bars & restaurants & you see families all chatting...

on their phones :)

SBJ 02-24-2018 06:15 PM

My phone can do all that too.. I don't like too much tech in my car cause it is distracting. I use my phone for GPS and any text or phone call can wait till I get somewhere or home.

See way too many people almost kill others cause they are talking and even hands-free is too much for some people. A decade ago I use to say if you go out after 2 AM you have to look for drunk drivers but with today's distracted driver the only safe time to drive is with the drunks after 2AM :error:helpme

crockett 02-24-2018 06:40 PM

Wait till some fucker in traffic hacks your car and changes your destination..

SilentKnight 02-24-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22218439)
I love the techy stuff.. I can find an addy at home on my work machine, and then send the addy to my car nav... ready to go when :thumbsup

you do that stuff? there is a way to read text on my nav

I don't use my nav much...but I like my rain-sensing wipers and auto-dimming rearview mirror (cuts headlight glare from behind at night).

lock 02-24-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22219131)

Keep waiting the odds of someone hacking that ...Driver would see it restarting planning route anyway.

seeandsee 02-25-2018 04:59 AM

i hate too much digital in cars

Grapesoda 02-25-2018 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22219131)

yeah that's the deal homey, seen it in some movies... lol

think auto driving cars...how do you feel about self driving cars all over the place while you are tryin to work?

dude I am so not looking forward to rush hour with mixed vehicles on the road :(

crockett 02-25-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22219609)
yeah that's the deal homey, seen it in some movies... lol

think auto driving cars...how do you feel about self driving cars all over the place while you are tryin to work?

dude I am so not looking forward to rush hour with mixed vehicles on the road :(

My truck has auto breaking on it because pretty much all the new ones do. At this point its only active if cruise control is on but even something so simple as breaking it can freak out..

If a car crosses the lane in front of you then moves to next lane and starts slowing if will start activating the brakes.. As a person with eyes in my head, I can see what the car is doing and that he will be out of the way before I'd get to him.. However the sensors only see a object in front of you that is slowing..

IMO for self driving cars to work, it either needs to be every car or the road so they can be networked or none. The mix will not work too good..

The problem is we won't have a choice. Everyone will be pushed into self drivingt by insurance rates and govt regulations that make the car manufacturers build new cars that way.

Like with my truck, I don't think you can buy a new one with out the auto breaks and they lower insurance costs.

Busty2 02-25-2018 06:55 AM

I have to agree with the OP, i too love technology and can't wait for the next innovation.
Although self drive cars are cool i think we are many years away from something that can be safely applied to our roads.

Think of it this way, human beings still have superior reasoning power compared to computers and we still have thousands of accidents each day on the roads. Until computing power far exceeds that of our own brains accidents will still keep happening. When we get true AI that can be integrated into all of our vehicles, then we can safely use self drive cars on our roads.

Until then i will continue to work on my version of an ARC reactor :1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Grapesoda 02-25-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22219651)
IMO for self driving cars to work, it either needs to be every car or the road so they can be networked or none. The mix will not work too good..

The problem is we won't have a choice. Everyone will be pushed into self drivingt by insurance rates and govt regulations that make the car manufacturers build new cars that way.

I AGREE... going to be interesting because the leader in this movement is tesla, a company that has never made a profit. owned by the richest guy in the world with no cash. musk's wealth is ALL telsa stock... I'm seeing anything negative about tesla pulled off the feed within 20 minutes at google... someone is protecting tesla for some reason, a company that does not make a profit. I'll go over what I've found PM if you want.

Rochard 02-25-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBJ (Post 22219089)
My phone can do all that too.. I don't like too much tech in my car cause it is distracting. I use my phone for GPS and any text or phone call can wait till I get somewhere or home.

See way too many people almost kill others cause they are talking and even hands-free is too much for some people. A decade ago I use to say if you go out after 2 AM you have to look for drunk drivers but with today's distracted driver the only safe time to drive is with the drunks after 2AM :error:helpme

I kind of agree with you.

My Jeep came with the standard stereo, which I eventually upgraded to a GPS model. It's nice but it can be distracting at times - mostly with trying to find a certain song on the iPod. What I've been doing on longer trips is taking an Alexa Dot and using it in my Jeep. Using the wifi on my cell phone, I can call up any song using voice commands.

crockett 02-25-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapesoda (Post 22219683)
I AGREE... going to be interesting because the leader in this movement is tesla, a company that has never made a profit. owned by the richest guy in the world with no cash. musk's wealth is ALL telsa stock... I'm seeing anything negative about tesla pulled off the feed within 20 minutes at google... someone is protecting tesla for some reason, a company that does not make a profit. I'll go over what I've found PM if you want.

There are a lot of companies working on self driving vehicles. Tesla is just the only one with a car on the market.

There was a semi truck that did the 1st ever self drive on open roads like 2 years ago. It delivered a load to Coors in Golden,CO.