GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Should I block my sites from Great Britain (because of that new law)? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1299195)

videosc 05-22-2018 12:39 PM

Should I block my sites from Great Britain (because of that new law)?

I use a Geo Blocker plugin on most of my blogs because I was getting too many hacking attempts from certain countries. Now with that new law taking effect in Great Britain this week I'm wondering if I should add them to my banned country list also, just to avoid getting into any hot water because my blogs don't follow their new rules. I don't even think I got that much traffic from GB in the past anyhow.

MFCT 05-23-2018 02:11 AM

If you're not in GB, I don't see how their govt would have any jurisdiction over you. If their govt wants to ban certain kinds of sites and create that quagmire situation for themselves, let their govt worry about figuring out how to block it all themselves.

At least that's my uneducated opinion.

DDUK 05-23-2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFCT (Post 22274430)
If you're not in GB, I don't see how their govt would have any jurisdiction over you. If their govt wants to ban certain kinds of sites and create that quagmire situation for themselves, let their govt worry about figuring out how to block it all themselves.

At least that's my uneducated opinion.

Totally agree.

celandina 05-23-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDUK (Post 22274457)
Totally agree.

I second this motion :thumbsup

magneto664 05-23-2018 10:22 AM

this law is no working yet!
nobody know whow it will work! forget about it right now.

MFCT 05-24-2018 04:44 AM

Maybe GB's govt could pay adult sites to block GB? If they're dumb enough to do all the other shit they do, they might as well continue the trend by paying me to block GB. They need to do something to protect their delicate populace from the obscenity of naked people doing sexual things to themselves and each other.

GB, $2k per month really is a small price to pay. Oh on second thought, just make it £2k to save you the trouble of exchange, while keeping the number nice and even.

Denny 05-24-2018 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magneto664 (Post 22274720)
this law is no working yet!
nobody know whow it will work! forget about it right now.

:2 cents:

CjTheFish 05-24-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFCT (Post 22275267)
Maybe GB's govt could pay adult sites to block GB? If they're dumb enough to do all the other shit they do, they might as well continue the trend by paying me to block GB. They need to do something to protect their delicate populace from the obscenity of naked people doing sexual things to themselves and each other.

GB, $2k per month really is a small price to pay. Oh on second thought, just make it £2k to save you the trouble of exchange, while keeping the number nice and even.

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

NickBaer 06-01-2018 07:54 AM

The new law is the EU.

adastra80 06-17-2018 04:04 PM

Censorship will only get worse. Get away with what you can while you can.