GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Does Push harm SEO? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1316434)

alphavids 08-01-2019 07:24 AM

Does Push harm SEO?

Hey guys,

Do push notifications harm Google ranking?
What is your experience?

Thanks in advance

Paul&John 08-03-2019 06:38 AM

Pretty good question, it's annoying as fuck (if you don't have disabled it in your browser).

Cucik 08-03-2019 12:50 PM

If I understood correctly, code for Push notification has nothing to do with your site, it goes into the browser.

And - Reddit uses it, so I think is safe :)

askjoe 08-04-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphavids (Post 22511255)

Yes.If you do it excessive and promote low quality offers that does only rip off users
it will harm your seo, because people sees your domain on the push and they will avoid
your site on the next searches.This mean google will track it people avoiding your site even when itīs
ranking top 3.Your site will drop in rankings weeks/month after you started pushing shit.

thommy 08-04-2019 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphavids (Post 22511255)
Hey guys,

What is your experience?

Thanks in advance

it does not directly harm SEO but indirectly.

if you use the standard push notification you will see a increase of people leaving the page - so the jump-off rate will be higher and this indeed effects the search position on the long run.

there are smoother ways to do it but in general you are already too late as most people have deactivated them already.

DownThePoole 08-04-2019 02:57 AM

Two weeks ago I started using Admaven Push notification ad beuause I used to make good money with Exoclick on Pop traffic, it's the first time I got worng message about Pop's from Google, my site rate starts to grow... it was prettry good movement to change it. For me push notification better them Pop traffic.

alphavids 08-08-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownThePoole (Post 22512789)
For me push notification better them Pop traffic.

Do you mean pops hurt SEO?

lovebitch 08-12-2019 07:53 PM

Nope, It doesn't harm your site SEO for now.

cezar78 08-17-2019 12:33 PM

Pop ups can harm your rankings, but push? I don't think so

LeMeLiN 08-18-2019 01:09 AM

That good question, I think if you using Pop some offer can be harmful to your site and SEO by using a lot of bad backlinks there is no good way to stop him.

femdomdestiny 08-25-2019 04:05 AM

what Thommy says make sense. Meanwhile, it doesn't seem to affect SEO but doesn't rely too much on push, at some point Google can do the same what they did with popups. Check out bounce rate from push traffic resource to see is it much different compared to SE traffic.

I just did on my site and bounce is surprising 37,84% while time on site is 3 minutes.

Klen 08-28-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femdomdestiny (Post 22521397)
what Thommy says make sense. Meanwhile, it doesn't seem to affect SEO but doesn't rely too much on push, at some point Google can do the same what they did with popups. Check out bounce rate from push traffic resource to see is it much different compared to SE traffic.

I just did on my site and bounce is surprising 37,84% while time on site is 3 minutes.

Yep, any action which disrupt user experience can affect bounce rate, and that is one of seo factors.

thommy 08-28-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 22522441)
Yep, any action which disrupt user experience can affect bounce rate, and that is one of seo factors.

many years ago when browsers and firewalls havenīt been that picky we had an own java application for users to download. we promoted it in the site with a little banner.

the advantage we gave to the users was a secret link to a HQ video that we kept available for a time only for those who had the application.

the application opened a little window on the users desktop with the link information when a new "secret video" was online.

we did NOT promote any 3rd party stuff with this java application - only this "hidden contents" have been promoted.
but what we sold was the adspace on this "secret page" and it was the most wanted and highest paid adspace in the network.

sure it took a while til we had a huge number of users as it was not aggressively promoted - but near to never it was deinstalled and users loved it.

push notification is not used to give the user a service - it is used to send him advertisement. and this is why every push notification send will decrease the number of push subscribers - this is a dumb way of longterm marketing.