GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   visitor analytics opinion (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1364159)

femdomdestiny 04-20-2023 01:57 PM

visitor analytics opinion

This an old question but still useful especially at the moment of moving to GA4.

What's your opinion of using Google Analytics? Is it too much information sharing with google? (for example, bounce rate). Is anyone here who did some kind of test trying to discover if are there differences in ranking depending on the analytics used?

thanks

V_RocKs 04-20-2023 04:05 PM

Google calculates your bounce rates whether you use analytics or not. Analytics just allows you to see what Google has been collecting about your sites.

Analytics use is not a ranking factor in any way. It is solely to give you the information Google is already compiling and to give you the ability to do things like track conversions and then use them in pivot tables to track trends.

TACNet 04-23-2023 08:51 PM

As femdomdestiny says, analytics itself does not affect your ranking.

A couple of things to bear in mind though :-

1. The GA4 javascript tag is heavier than the previous Universal Analytics tag and can have an impact on your page speed (which DOES affect ranking). There is a simple way of offloading the tag until the page load is complete. pm me if you want details

2. When switching to GA4, make sure you do your whole site at once. Any pages that still have the old UA javascript tag will load BOTH the UA javascript AND the GA4 javascript libraries and that will really slow down your page

Hope this helps

fris 04-23-2023 09:54 PM

i use plausible

TheLegacy 04-24-2023 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACNet (Post 23127534)
As femdomdestiny says, analytics itself does not affect your ranking.

A couple of things to bear in mind though :-

1. The GA4 javascript tag is heavier than the previous Universal Analytics tag and can have an impact on your page speed (which DOES affect ranking). There is a simple way of offloading the tag until the page load is complete. pm me if you want details

2. When switching to GA4, make sure you do your whole site at once. Any pages that still have the old UA javascript tag will load BOTH the UA javascript AND the GA4 javascript libraries and that will really slow down your page

Hope this helps

excellent - I've been trying to get others to see this exactly thing. Thank you for making a simple understandable explanation.

femdomdestiny if you want me to do a quick review I"d be happy to at no cost and send you the data. Always best to make sure things check out

fuzebox 04-26-2023 03:01 PM

femdomdestiny 04-26-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegacy (Post 23127614)
excellent - I've been trying to get others to see this exactly thing. Thank you for making a simple understandable explanation.

femdomdestiny if you want me to do a quick review I"d be happy to at no cost and send you the data. Always best to make sure things check out

Hi, Not sure what kind of review you are mentioning?