GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Declining traffic quality (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=933312)

Skydude 10-14-2009 11:46 AM

Declining traffic quality

Hello,
I am new here, but been in the biz for about a year now, and have run into a situation that I need to ask questions about.
I am an Affiliate for Adult FF and over the last year, I've learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. I started out in Per Order, then switched over to Percentage in March. Percentage started out looking really promising, but in the last couple of months, the renewals have slowed to a trickle and the money has dropped from $3,000 (Month) and growing nicely, to now, so far for the pay period (One day left), I am only at $300. My traffic has not really fallen off, but the orders and renawals have slowed tremendously.

I don't get a lot of traffic, but it has, until lately, been top quality. I mean seen I've seen 1/5 for free memberships and 1/28 to 1/30 (Paid/free) paid members. Now its 1/40 free and 1/60 paid.

I have not had much luck getting any search engine positioning, so I am having to do it the hard way. (Manually posting ads)

Any ideas?

Dateawhore.com

BradM 10-14-2009 11:49 AM

:1orglaugh

FrozenJag 10-14-2009 12:13 PM

Maybe you should try a new traffic source.

That one is oviously played out. You probably do the same thing over and over and over x's 100 right? You prob pulled all the fish outta the pond at your current location so to speak.

Argos88 10-14-2009 12:55 PM

What kind of traffic do you have?

Seo? Blogs? Tgps?

Maybe you lost some Seo positions and rankings or some links.

Skydude 10-14-2009 01:02 PM

I use Backpage, Craigslist, Google adwords, Yahoo etc. My highest quality was Craigslist, but with all the flagging there and Backpage, it's hard to get very far there. I'm looking for something new. I ramped up the Google and Yahoo, but it seems it cost more than it's worth, almost more than you will make.

Any ideas of some cost effective quality traffic?

TheStout 10-14-2009 01:05 PM

Hit me up on ICQ and we can chat about how to get your sales back up

Skydude 10-14-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStout (Post 16428351)
Hit me up on ICQ and we can chat about how to get your sales back up

Ok, I'll get there shortly.

Thanks,,,

Skydude 10-14-2009 01:17 PM

Ok, got it set up, my ICQ is 574083028

NetHorse 10-14-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydude (Post 16428338)
My highest quality was Craigslist...

:throwup

$5 submissions 10-14-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

My highest quality was Craigslist...

Did you get affected by this? See http://www.highrevenue.com/free-webs...wn-on-spammers

If you're looking for free or cost-effective traffic sources, check out the Free Website Traffic blog.

Skydude 10-15-2009 07:12 AM

I have not seen that article, but I do know that CL has pretty much made it not worth the time to post there. If you can get an ad to live, Chances are, it will get flagged within minutes, so long story-short, Cl is no longer the place to advertise our market. I also found that the Backpage Sponsored ads are the same but they don't get flagged. In the last three months, I've spent more on those ads than they brought in, so I'm definitely looking elsewhere.
I'm open for all suggestions.
Thanks,,

Argos88 10-15-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

I use Backpage, Craigslist, Google adwords, Yahoo etc. My highest quality was Craigslist, but with all the flagging there and Backpage, it's hard to get very far there. I'm looking for something new. I ramped up the Google and Yahoo, but it seems it cost more than it's worth, almost more than you will make.

i see.. so u used those tactics from the ebooks, right?

did AFF accept that kind of tactics?

Skydude 10-15-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos88 (Post 16431255)
i see.. so u used those tactics from the ebooks, right?

did AFF accept that kind of tactics?

Nope, I didn't go by ebooks, Actually never looked at it even though maybe I should (or not) As for AFF accepting it, I don't know.. I'm not posting there now anyway, so I'm not worried about it, not to mention that I was advised by them to "Be careful advertising there".
I'm only looking ahead to what I can do to improve my numbers. In other words, CL ain't worth shit now days. Too much posting, too much flagging too much ghosting and too much hassle.

That's why I'm here asking questions.

Thanks,,,,

$5 submissions 10-18-2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydude (Post 16430541)
I'm open for all suggestions.
Thanks,,

If you're looking for something EASY and OBVIOUS, I don't think people will volunteer that info. However, a good place to start re free ways to get traffic is http://www.highrevenue.com

After Shock Media 10-18-2009 03:34 AM

Well it may be worthwhile to save any official AFF email telling you to be careful "advertising" on CL.

Aside from that, it is AFF. Aside from that they have bought banners everywhere that is possible and screwed many in the process by getting ads on sites that steal from content producers. Good luck with your traffic search. I would think more about the official message though LOL.