GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Clip store script / Wordpress plugin (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=983369)

Kolargol 08-21-2010 04:20 PM

Clip store script / Wordpress plugin

I am looking for a clip store script or a Wordpress plugin that would enable selling video clips with CCBill payments. I know of Phantom Cart but I'm looking something to own not to lease. Anyone knows of something like that?

MaDalton 08-21-2010 04:29 PM

check this - maybe it helps: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yak-for-wordpress/

AmeliaG 08-21-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDalton (Post 17432283)

That looks really interesting. Anyone try it with a CCBill or Epoch gateway?

MaDalton 08-21-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeliaG (Post 17432305)
That looks really interesting. Anyone try it with a CCBill or Epoch gateway?

i havent set it up yet cause i have more important projects, but i looked into it and technically it's no problem. a programmer who integrated CCBill before can do it here too.

harvey 08-21-2010 05:04 PM

I've built a couple WP clip stores using Phantom Cart and it works great, but since you don't want it, take a look at WP Membership Scripts , I've reviewed several and noted the pros and cons depending on how you want to use them

Kolargol 08-21-2010 05:04 PM

Thanks a lot, MaDalton! The plugin looks very interesting. I integrated CCBill on my sites myself but for this one I will need to hire someone I suppose...

Kolargol 08-21-2010 05:10 PM

The thing with Phantom Cart is it depends on owners of Phantom Cart so if they decide at some point to stop running the script, then my sites go down with them. I know your review of membership scripts, Harvey - I am fan of your work :) I will have a look at the review again but last time I read it I remember that none of the plugins was actually made for selling single clips, mp3 etc but rather for selling memberships.

MaDalton 08-21-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolargol (Post 17432324)
Thanks a lot, MaDalton! The plugin looks very interesting. I integrated CCBill on my sites myself but for this one I will need to hire someone I suppose...

yeah, it's not just putting up a button, you have to address the API directly. but it's doable.

harvey 08-21-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolargol (Post 17432332)
The thing with Phantom Cart is it depends on owners of Phantom Cart so if they decide at some point to stop running the script, then my sites go down with them. I know your review of membership scripts, Harvey - I am fan of your work :) I will have a look at the review again but last time I read it I remember that none of the plugins was actually made for selling single clips, mp3 etc but rather for selling memberships.

quite the contrary, most of them are better for tangibles rather than membership. and thanks for the kind words :)

Kolargol 08-21-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvey (Post 17432340)
quite the contrary, most of them are better for tangibles rather than membership. and thanks for the kind words :)

Which would be the best for selling clips in your opinion?

harvey 08-21-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolargol (Post 17432356)
Which would be the best for selling clips in your opinion?

well, despite what I've said on that review, for this specific need AND the fact that you want CCBill implemented, I'd go with AMember. As you'll see, I'm not a big fan of it, basically because it's expensive and you'll have to pay more for the WP plugin, but it fits like a ring for what you need. Either way, in the long run it will be cheaper than PhantomCart

MikeSmoke 08-22-2010 01:56 AM

Harvey designed my WP store based on Phantom Cart and it came out sweet.
It wasn't my first choice - I'd rather own, too - but until there's one that also has a producer module so that I can other people can sell their clips on my store (ala C4S) - the Phantom Cart/WP alternative was a good one.

Kolargol 08-22-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvey (Post 17432404)
well, despite what I've said on that review, for this specific need AND the fact that you want CCBill implemented, I'd go with AMember. As you'll see, I'm not a big fan of it, basically because it's expensive and you'll have to pay more for the WP plugin, but it fits like a ring for what you need. Either way, in the long run it will be cheaper than PhantomCart

I just checked AMember and they have a plugin for downloading files but...

"OneTime Download Plugin
This plugin allows you to define one file for each aMember Pro product that will be automatically protected and offered to download. You can configure maximum number of downloads for file, when it is reached, file will not be available for download anymore.

Unfortunately, this plugin is not usable for big files (for example ? movies), because it is not compatible with download managers."

fris 08-22-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolargol (Post 17432955)

"OneTime Download Plugin
This plugin allows you to define one file for each aMember Pro product that will be automatically protected and offered to download. You can configure maximum number of downloads for file, when it is reached, file will not be available for download anymore.

Unfortunately, this plugin is not usable for big files (for example ? movies), because it is not compatible with download managers."

I have done secure downloads, I setup a membership site with the following.

Quote:

10 Point Members only content wordpress setup.

---

1. must be registered to download any content
2. new members require invite code to register
3. all rss feeds disabled (full,single,category,etc)
4. wp-admin disabled for registered members (after login takes you to content)
5. encrypted and expiring download links (new link generated every 10 seconds - so non members cant access the dls)
6. download request form
7. disable all seo related data in the header (rss,next,rel,canonical)
8. restrict certain usernames from registering (admin,sysop,etc)
9. custom registration emails
10. thumbsup/thumbsdown rating

harvey 08-22-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolargol (Post 17432955)

"OneTime Download Plugin

I see. Well, you could also try contacting Magic Members support, last time I used it they were adding more processors, and they even asked me if I needed a particular one (which I didn't) so maybe they've added CCBill or they might add it for you

Kolargol 08-23-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fris (Post 17433867)
I have done secure downloads, I setup a membership site with the following.

Fris, are you available for setting up blogs, plugins, installations ? Could you email me:
links at feetfactory dot com or post your contact details.

fris 08-23-2010 07:42 PM

[email protected] or 704-299

harvey 08-28-2010 01:52 PM

I just got a mail from Magic Members telling me they have added 4 additional payment gateways, including CCBill:

Quote:

Hi xxxxxxxxxxx,

We hope that your day is going great!

We wanted to send you a quick note about the new features of the Magic Member plugin.

We integrated Magic Members with new payment gateways;

CCBill
2CheckOut
PayPal Pro
Manuel Pay (Wire Transfer/eCheck)

fris 08-28-2010 03:46 PM

magic members is nice, along with wishlist

Kolargol 08-29-2010 02:43 AM

I got email from magic members and their script can't do it :(

Screwed Up 08-29-2010 02:59 AM

I've been looking for this as well.
It kinda surprises me that this still hasn't been made yet.

DrGadget 02-09-2012 02:39 PM

Anything New?

Bump!

I'm a new member, but I've been plundering the gfy site for at least a month, getting advice and information.

It's 2012! Any new updates recently? New themes? New plugins? Something?

I'm looking into doing a similar thing with WP, since Wordpress is so flexible.

Here's a good example(I tried to email her, but she seems extremely busy for the time being, as I have yet to get a reply):

giantesskatelyn.com/store/

and I know this uses ClickCastX, of course, this isn't Wordpress based:

vod.sizefetishzone.com

I'm would like to use Verotel or Zombaio as my main form of a payment processor, if possible. 2CO or CCBill I willing to deal with if the first two options aren't possible.

Thanks!